Kilnor

Kilnor was slowly brought to alertness by the stirring feeling of his bedmate wriggling against him. He unconsciously tightened his arms, his relaxed rumbling hitching slightly as the even closer quarters caused his cock to twitch in anticipation - a movement apparently noticed by his bedmate.

In a swift flurry of movement, the female that had been neatly and comfortably tucked up into his arms made a break for it, firmly pushing him in the chest as she pulled herself upright and away from him. Sunny. The name flew into his head, as did the rest of his situation.

Keeping one eye on the frightened female who now crouched a few feet away from him, her pupils dilated in panic, Kilnor sat up, careful to make no sudden movements - he had clearly already scared her enough. The terrified choking sounds that had ripped from her chest last night as he'd sought to soothe her had cut him to the quick. Her ineffectual struggles had highlighted to the both of them just how small and weak she was in comparison. The small female was completely at his mercy. It had been tempting to let her free, but the temperature dropped overnight, and he had not wanted her to freeze. Nor could he risk her attempting to escape and possibly hurting herself in the process. She had been placed in here with him, making her welfare his responsibility.

He held his hands up in front of him - hoping she'd recognise it for the sign that it was - he promised not to hurt her.

The message must have sunk in some, as the tense wariness evident in her naked muscles relaxed somewhat, but she made no attempt to move closer.

"Sorry," he said, the word inadequate for the situation. "I did not mean to scare you."

He knew there was no way she could possibly understand his words, but he hoped the meaning would shine through. He felt better for saying it, anyway. His home had a brutal history, especially in regards to females, but Kilnor had never been one to advocate for male dominance. Things were changing on Miotal, but perhaps not as quickly as they should.

Despite Miotal's attitudes, Kilnor's father had strong moral principles, and he had brought his son up to share them. As such, Kilnor had never felt the need to terrorise the weak or helpless, and with her small frame, blunt teeth and useless claws, Sunny definitely fit into both of those categories.

At his words, Sunny twitched suddenly, obviously startled by the sound. Kilnor watched her face warily for any signs of further distress, unhappy to see that her eyes grew shiny, tears welling up in them. She was going to cry again.

An unhappy purr rumbled from his chest at the thought. If Kilnor had one weakness, it was crying females.

The sound of his rumbling purr caused Sunny to stiffen slightly. Obviously, her males did not purr to soothe their females. Kilnor watched as she blinked furiously, her long lashes spiky with tears she fought to hold back. She was so small, he thought. So vulnerable.

He did not want to be in this situation, caught and stripped naked by the slaving Olcens; but he was so much better equipped for it than this fragile creature. He was big, and strong, and he knew how to stay alive, how to survive. Not only was he built for it, he also had the training. Thinking that only strengthened his decision to protect her. Sunny may have a male on her home world, but here, Sunny had no male to look out for her, and Kilnor would not be a worthy warrior if he protected himself at the expense of a female, abandoning her to her fate. No. Kilnor would see to it that she made it out of this situation safely. And then... well, he'd worry about after later.

First things first, he determined, they would have to come to some sort of understanding. Despite Sunny's obvious fear, he thought she would be amenable. Before her bravery had faltered the previous cycle, she had moved close to him and tried to communicate.