"Wait you were awake?" Asked Iris but Ash ignored her. - "

"and D: Gross! You think I'd sleep with someone while other guys were present? Honestly..." Muttered Ash.

The three girls looked down embarrassed. Fortunately, Clemont and Brendan had been wise enough to cover Bonnie and Max's ears, so they couldn't hear this conversation and were just looking around in confusion.

Ash sighed and rubbed his forehead before taking off his hat and running his fingers through his hair. Then he put his hat back on and looked at his friends.

"Look can we just drop this topic, or at the very least save it for another time so I can go do my battle?" Requested Ash.

Everyone nodded their heads and together they all walked to the main arena. Once at the trainer's entry point Ash sent out two of his Pokémon, Charizard and Greninja, who then stood beside him at the entrance.

Ash was given a quick good luck kiss from each of his mates and fist bumps/bro-hugs/high fives/handshakes/or just simple nods of the head from all of Ash's male companions and Bonnie.

Then together Ash, Greninja, and Charizard all walked into the trainer's entrance while their friends went around.

As they walked Shadow chose now to appear.

"From now on could you please give me a warning before you give one of your girls a smooch? I'd like to be able to recoil into the farthest depths of our mind so that I don't have to experience you slobbering all over one of those girls?" Requested Shadow snarkily.

Ash just rolled his eyes at the soul he shared a body with. Deciding to put jokes aside Shadow's astral projection then began to walk next to Ash as they went to the entrance to the stadium.

Realizing that this was where he got off Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder.

"Hey Ash?" Asked the electric mouse.

Ash stopped and looked at his starter.

"Yeah? Is there something you wanted to tell me Pikachu?" Asked Ash as Pikachu just stood there looking at him.

"No, that's not it." Responded Pikachu.

"Oh, ok." Said Ash as he turned was about to resume walking.

"Ash." Said Pikachu.

Ash stopped walking but didn't look at Pikachu. When the boy didn't respond Pikachu took it as an invitation to continue.

"I'm not going to say anything; do you know what I mean by that?" Asked Pikachu.

Even though he knew his partner couldn't see him Ash smiled as he looked towards the ground.

"Yeah I do." Responded Ash.

Then the four of them resumed walking. Pikachu had tears in his eyes. He was so proud of Ash, the kid had come a long way since that snot-nosed brat, that came late to pick his starter, so Pikachu was given to him. Pikachu was happy to say that he was proud of Ash.

Widening his stance while tears were still in his eyes Pikachu raised his arm into the air while he stuck out his thumb and pointer finger, keeping the rest of his hand closed, so that his pointer finger was pointed straight at the sky.

A/N: Or, roof technically speaking.

It was a little thing Ash had developed with his Pokémon, since they couldn't cheer for him, since he was unable to understand them at the time when he taught it to them, it was a silent cheer, it meant: Even if I can't see you, I will always be watching over you.