15 | Freed Feelings

Start from the beginning

We weaved through many hallways throughout the hotel to get here. It was practically tucked away within secret passageways.

"I found this place the other year when we came here. I needed someplace to clear my head, and I wounded up here. The view's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Beautiful is an understatement. The view is just...wow."

"I'm glad you like it," Milo chuckled. When I turned my head to face Milo, I already found him staring at me, causing me to blush furiously. "Let's play twenty questions," Milo said spontaneously.

"Why?" I asked, puzzled.

"Because it's been three years since we've seen each other, and apart from art and the occasional run-in, we don't really ever talk. I don't really know much about you anymore," shrugged Milo, stuffing his fingers into his pockets.

"Okay..."

And with that, the questions began flooding in.

"EW, I CAN'T believe that's your favorite food!" I shook my head as I playfully scrunched my nose in disgust, gagging.

"Tomatoes aren't that bad," Milo defended as we sat on a short wall on the balcony, facing each other.

"I'd rather eat anything else," I said, squirming a bit.

And then it happened, that awkward silence that we successfully avoided for so long. Our eyes locked and it felt like his eyes were burning holes through my head. His eyes flickered down to my lips for a brief second before meeting my eyes again.

"What?" I whispered with a slight smirk. He shook his head, a smirk also spreading across his lips. I raised my eyebrow at him, unaware of how close we were until this very moment. As he leaned in, I began to panic. Instead, I blew into his eyes, causing him to back away and blink furiously.

"Ha, you blinked," I chuckled awkwardly. "I win."

He forced out a faint laugh as he became teary-eyed. "Oh crap, what time is it?"

I pulled out my phone. 12:30p.m.

"Milo, we need to go. We're half an hour late," I said, panic laced within my voice as I shot up and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I tugged on his arm, racing towards the door, "Come on."

"Miss Summers, Mr. Jensen, where have you been?" Professor Smith said sternly, crossing her arms when we arrived downstairs.

"Sorry, we lost track of time," Milo spoke up, trying to save both of our sorry asses.

"Mhm." She unfolded her arms. "It better not happen again. Come on."

"WOW, TODAY WAS...underwhelming." I tossed my shoulder bag onto the bed and heaved out a deep sigh, slipping off my baby blue jacket and draping it over the computer chair from across the bed.

"Really, I mean it wasn't that bad...right?" Milo responded, arching his brow as he chuckled.

"Are you kidding? No offense to our tour guide, but when she was talking, I thought I was going to fall asleep any second," I said, giving him a "duh" look.