Parselmouth

Y/N POV
"You're a Parselmouth! Why didn't you tell us?" exclaimed Ron when we are back at the Gryffindor Common Room.

"I'm a what?" Harry asked. "You can talk to snakes." Hermione explained to him.
"I know. I mean, I accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once. But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry told us.

"No they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry. This is bad..." Hermione said.

"What's bad? If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin—" Ron cut him off,
"Oh, that's what you said to it."

"You were there! You heard me!" Harry flustered. "I heard you speaking a different language. I'm guessing it's the snake language, Parseltongue." I said to Harry.

Harry was still confused, "So you guys are saying I spoke a different language? ButI didn't realize -- how can I speak a language without knowing I can?"

"I don't know, Harry. But it sounded like you were egging the snake on or something. It was... creepy." said Hermione, then her eyes grew bigger and whispered but loud enough for all of us to hear "Harry, listen out me. There's a
reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too."

"Exactly. And now the whole school's going to think you're his great-great-great grandson or
something." said Ron boldly. "But I'm not, I... can't be..." Harry hesitated.

"He lived a thousand years ago. For all we know... you could be." said Hermione unsurely.

Weeks later...
Nothing exceptionally happened during the last few weeks except for another tragical incident. Justin Finch and Nearly Headless Nick got petrified, now everyone thinks that Harry is the true Heir of Slytherin.

Everyone is carrying and packing their trunks to leave for the holidays. I decided to not go back home, maybe next year.

I was waking along the corridors in the castle when I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. I ran up to them. "Hey guys! Are you going away for the Christmas break?" I asked the three.

"No, we're all staying here for the break. The Polyjuice is almost ready!" Hermione whispered. "Just need to wait a few more days and we will truly find out who the real Heir of Slytherin.

...

Harry, Ron and I were doing our own things in the Great Hall when Hermione excitedly said quietly "Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into."
"Crabbe and Goyle."

"And we also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." said Hermione
"How?" questioned Ron.

Hermione held up two cupcakes, "I've got it all worked out. I've filled these with a simple
Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful. You know how greedy Crabbe and Goyle are. They won't leave the Christmas Feast until every last
drop of trifle is gone." Hermione continued "Now, once they're asleep, hide them in a broom cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs."

"And whose hair are you ripping out?" asked Ron. "I've already got mine." said Hermione while showing us the tiny strand of hair. Millicent Bulstrode. She's in Slytherin. I got this off her robes." While standing up she said
"All right then... I'm going to check on the Polyjuice Potion."

"Are you gonnna change into anyone, Y/N" Hermione asked quietly, one last time.
"No. I think I'm fine thanks. I think three is enough" I answered back.

"Great. Well see you guys around." said Hermione, then she turned around and faced Ron and Harry "Remember. Just make sure Crabbe and Goyle find these cupcakes." and she left the Great Hall.