🔱FOURTEEN🔱

The life boat came to a sudden stop in what I could only assume was the stomach of Charybdis. We all took a second, catching our breath. I checked over Arrow, making sure he was okay before I let Percy drag me to my feet.

"Where are we?" Annabeth asked, getting up as well.

"Smells like the stomach," Percy countered, keeping a tight grip on me. We climbed out of the small raft, Arrow glued to my side, and stepped onto the lining of Charybdis's stomach.

"This has to be the worst way to die," Annabeth muttered, looking around at our surroundings.

"Yeah, you got that right," I added on with a nod, checking out our surroundings as well. "Everything that disappears in the Bermuda Triangle ends up here in the stomach."

"Of come on!" a voice shouted out from the distance. I raised an eyebrow, all of us looking in the direction of the voice.

"That sounded like Clarisse," Annabeth said, joining Percy at his other side.

"No, that couldn't be her,"

"You ridiculously stupid morons!"

"Nope, definitely her," I told them, beginning to walk forward in order to get to her. Arrow kept by my side, the other three following behind me as I followed the sound of Clarisse's voice. We came up on an old looking war ship, which definitely had the daughter of Ares on it. "Clarisse!"

The girl in question came up to the railing, looking down on us with raised eyebrows.

"Luna? Jackson? What are you guys doing here?"

"Got swallowed up like you, nice ship," Percy told her as she allowed us to climb on board to the top deck of the ship together.

"Dad has a ton of stuff left over from the wars throughout history," she explained, moving about the ship. "It was this or a Huey from Vietnam but I figured a boat would be more practical."

The boat shifted, all of us grabbing onto one another and on to the sides of the boats to steady ourselves.

"What's going on?" Annabeth questioned, gripping on to the railing.

"Pretty much exactly what you think goes on inside a stomach," Clarisse countered as we watched the water flow pass us, everything in it getting torn to shreds at the end of the tunnel. "Reardon! What in Hades is going on with my engine? Is it ready yet?"

"Almost! They're working on it!" the man in question answered, appearing in front of Clarisse. I averted my gaze, realizing that this man was definitely not alive. Definitely a zombie.

"Your crew it mad up of zombies?" Annabeth questioned, looking around at all of the crew. The crew, in turn, looking right back at us.

"They prefer 'dead Confederate sailors whose lives have been given in tribute to Ares'," Clariise explained, but the man behind her cut in.

"But, zombies is fine!"

The boat lurched again, this time the chain anchoring us down snapping as he floated toward the end of the tunnel.

"Reardon! Guns! Now!"

"Gun is locked and loaded!"

I looked up at the gun in question, seeing them aim it toward the mouth devouring everything at the end of the tunnel.

"Percy, what if we make a new way out?" I turned to him, grabbing onto his arms. Percy looked up at the gun, before looking down at me. "We don't shoot the end of the tunnel, we shoot the gut. Give her a stomach ache."

Percy suddenly lurched forward, kissing me quickly before running after Clarisse. By the time I caught up, Clarisse had agreed to the plan and called for all hands below deck.