Auntie, we're home!

Lotor and I walked down the long corridors. Unknowing of the heartbreaking event that had taken place during our time away from my home. I had walked into the throne room to see my Aunt, crying. It hurt me to see her so upset. So I made my- well our presence known.
"Auntie, we're home." I said with a small and worried smile.
"Sirena, oh Darling I'm so relieved you're back!... I'm afraid I have some bad news about your mother.." She started to say.
"What? What's wrong? Is she alright?" I asked frantically. Fearing the worst. And as fate would have it.. my fears were correct.
"I wish I could tell you she's alright.. and that she's awake and awaiting your next visit... but.." She continued, trailing off.
"But what?... Aunt Amber tell me what's happened to mother." I said. Lotor put an arm around me gently to comfort me. I was already shaking and I hadn't even heard anything yet. I could feel a terrible ache in my chest. Like something were crushing my heart and lungs. My eyes were wide with fear and I felt like I could die.
"Ambrosia died last night, Sirena.." That was the only thing I heard before I started panicking even worse.
'No, she can't be dead, that's insane! She always gets better! This isn't right! It's a LIE! IT HAS TO BE A LIE!' I thought to myself as I rushed off to the room that she had been in since falling ill. Lotor running after me and calling for me to stop. To slow down. To listen. But I couldn't. Not until I opened the door. And when I did, I wished I hadn't. The room was empty, like nothing had ever been there but her furniture. Like nobody was ever there. "No, no no no no no! Please tell me I'm just in the wrong room!" I said panicking. Checking the surroundings, the walls the windows the doors even the furniture.
"Sirena? Sirena, Love calm down!" Lotor said, watching as I panicked.
"I-I shouldn't have left. I should've stayed with her! I should've helped her!" I said. Lotor walked over and gently held me as I fell to my knees crying.
"There was nothing you could do Love.. I'm so sorry.." He said gently. I just cried. I cried until I ran out of tears and even then I was still sobbing.
"She can't be gone.. she always came back." I said through my torment and grief. Lotor just holding me gently. It hurt him to see me like this and I could tell. I could tell by his voice that he hated himself for even suggesting the trip into space. But at least he didn't leave me alone to cry. He stayed with me till I fell asleep.

((Hey guys! Guess who's back!? That's right baby! I'm back in business! Sorry for the depressing chapter, but I felt like the story was just too many positives and not enough negatives to make it balanced! I'll try to update frequently! And another chapter will be out shortly! ))