14: Quest for a Date

Now more than ever Afira wanted to be the one to take Rinai on a date. 

After the wonderful date Rinai had planned, he felt more pressure for it to be really good. He didn't know any special places in the game to take him too though. 

I just want to have a fun memorable time together like when we prepared for the event together. Ah, that's it! A quest could make a good date.

He immediately began searching for quests he hasn't done yet, or areas he hadn't been able to access due to his mediocre level. After searching the forums for an hour or so he found what he wanted.

"This is the perfect quest for a date!" Afira hadn't been able to enter the desert lands of the Dawn of Reason yet. It was beyond his current level and dangerous even to sightsee. But with Rinai as his teammate, it would be safe to do one of the lowest level quests available. 

He found a somewhat simple recovery quest that was just right. The first step in a chain quest. 

The quest chain 'Nemesis' started out simple but was full of intrigue and adventure later on. The other parts could be done later when they got stronger or added more teammates if they wanted.

It begins with an NPC in Qizhen city market who requests that the player pick up an item he accidentally left behind at a small oasis, the 'Desert Pearl'. When the player returns to the market with the pearl, the NPC is nowhere to be found. The player must follow clues to discover his whereabouts. 

The best part is searching the small oasis under the starry desert moonlight. The pics online looked amazing and romantic. It would definitely be even better in game.  

Afira was so excited he texted Rinai as soon as he decided on the location.

[Rinai, can you come with me to start the Nemesis chain quest? Just the first part.]

[Nemesis? That's pretty high level. If It's just the first part, I'm ok with it.]

[Great, leave the preparations to me then. I'll text you when it's all ready.]

[Ok, but if you make me wait too long I'll come find you, Afira. (¬‿¬)]

Afira smiled and laughed as he held his phone. [Please do!♥‿♥] 

He was immediately embarrassed by his flirting. "I must get used to it. This time for sure I can't end up forcibly logged off no matter what." Afira was determined to be able to get closer to Rinai.

~~~

The two arrived very early in Qizhen, the largest city in the desert region.

This place was completely surrounded by desert as far as the eye could see. Every bit of it full of the beauty and mystery of the desert. Complete with treasure maps and lost ancient cities to discover.

The city of Qizhen turned out to be a massive oasis with a bustling marketplace. Here players would meet the NPC to start the quest.   

Afira and Rinai casually surveyed their surroundings.

Qizhen was surrounded by circular walls to help block the winds and sandstorms. There were four gates, each one placed in a different cardinal direction: north, south, east and west. And extending towards the heart of the city, from every gate, was a large, straight pathway made of stone. All the main roads led to the marketplace in the center of the city.

Deep in the market, they stood near a thin old man sitting on a stool at the front of a sandal shop. His hands seemed to move subconsciously to weave the straw sandals as he stared into the bustling crowd.