11: Date?

A/N Tilly's Workshop

Nalia was already at the gate when they arrived at the village

Afira and Nalia had agreed to meet at the gate to starter and go to Tilly's workshop where Gramma Nina would be waiting to complete Afira's quest. 

Gramma Nina had brought little Erica with her so when the group arrived, Erica shot toward Afira while Gramma Nina embraced her granddaughter Tilly.

"Thank you for your hard work Afira and Rinai." Gramma Nina, Erica and Tilly all stood together and bowed in unison to Afira and Rinai. Afira's notifications box lit up with the completion of the quest. He didn't open it right away since Tilly was antsy to show off her place.

Tilly was so excited to show everyone around her workshop. Sometimes she would pull Nalia from place to place describing what she could make here or there. Then she would grab Afira and point out some leftover materials from some item she made that he has now.

Tilly even had some good stuff on hand to make Nalia some nice bracers. 

As the group wandered back and forth through the village doing the most basic quests Nalia pulled Afira aside.

"Is this really ok to receive these? I didn't do a quest or anything." Nalia whispered to Afira. The bracers from Tilly were really high quality and had stats perfect for Nalia's character build.

"Since it's her hobby and she's so happy to make it for you, I'm sure it's fine."

Nalia tilted her head, brows furrowed slightly. "Hobby? NPCs can have hobbies?"

Afira smiles wryly, shrugging his shoulders."So it seems." 

The NPCs are actually as complex as any regular person he's known. Afira thought of Rinai changing character design and gramma Nina's hacking skills but didn't feel it was his place to bring them up. 

"Anyway, NPCs will often gift armor to players that have a high rep, it's definitely ok to accept."

"Have you gotten a lot?" Nalia asked with wide eyed curiosity.

"Well... yes I suppose you could say it's a lot." Afira scratched his nose lightly.

"How do you have room for all of it?" Her brother had already warned her to be picky about what she kept and always sell off excess before a quest or event. 

"Yeah, it was a bit of a problem until the mayor helped me out." Afira was humble and felt like if he said to much it would sound like bragging. Or she would think he was lying.

"He's being modest," Tilly added, "wait till you see the wing the mayor dedicated to him. It's a favorite NPC destination."

"I have to see this!" 

Afira was furiously blushing and covered his face with his hand trying to back behind Rinai and escape being the center of attention.

"I've been wanting to go too. Could we Afira?" Rinai gently asked the cowering Afira. He patted Afira's back then slipped his arm around his shoulder to pull the timid man closer.

Afira looked up at him and almost forgot the question. Finally managing to stammer out an answer.

"Umm well..that is..if Rinai wants to. Ok."

This wing wasn't the largest in the mayor's mansion but it was easily accessible and very fancy. The mayor didn't shy away from promoting it as a feature of the village either.

There was even a town festival to commemorate the opening. It sorta became a museum.  Afira often sees NPC's there when getting items out. 

Today there were a few proud NPC parents showing their children the armor or weapons they gifted to the "hero from the outside world." When they saw Afira himself was here, the children surrounded him asking to see what armor he would choose to take out today.

"This is amazing and so sweet!" Nalia was capturing images of various displays and even had Afira and Tilly pose in front of some items that Tilly had made. 

Afira felt kind of embarrassed but mostly it was really fun. After the tour, Mayor Ray lead them to the town's tavern to chat and relax.

Rinai pulled Afira to the seat against the wall and Rinai sat in the spot next to him, blocking anyone else from sitting by Afira.

Mayor Ray was more than happy to share stories about Afira's misadventures. Like how he was mercilessly pummeled by the rabbits since he couldn't bear to harm them. He was eventually rescued by a group of kids from the village.  

Everyone was laughing, even Afira. "It was really traumatic though. Those tiny kids savagely beating up those big eyed, fluffy buns." Afira couldn't help but shiver at the memory.

That got them all laughing harder.

At some point, Nalia's brother came in to get her. "Sorry to interrupt your date, but it's pretty late. We need to go sis."  

"Bro! It's not a date." Nalia was blushing.

"Whatever, it's a waste of time hanging around starter. Let's go." 

"I get some amazing benefits from being on good terms with NPCs. It's definitely worth the time and effort of doing all the starter village quests." Afira assured Nalia's brother.  

He looked Afira over, sizing him up. He curtly nodded goodbye then logged off. 

"Sorry he was like that. He wanted to be the one to show me around. He got annoyed I went with you guys." Nalia gave a small bow to the group as an apology for her brother's attitude.

Tilly smiled at her. "It's pretty cute how he's pouting like that. Today was fun Nalia, come by again ok? Bring your cute brother!" Tilly called out.

"I had fun too, thanks Nalia," Afira said.

Rinai had tensed up when Nalia's brother said it was a date. His thoughts got all jumbled, did they plan a date, did she expect it to be a date, did Afira want it to be a date, would he bring multiple NPCs along if it was a date? 

He didn't notice when she left.

"See you guys." She logged out smiling and waving to everyone.

A/N Nalia's Brother. "Let's go."

"