Library Diaries - Chapter 6

"So what kind of books do you like to read?" We were heading to the library, a slight addition to our first date. I was so excited. He said he was a book nerd and I couldn't wait to see him freak.

"Philosophy, the classics, and I hate to say it out loud but," he leaned towards me and whispered "romance." He went back to walking normally, a thin smile on his face. "It is my only guilty pleasure."

"You only have one?" I gawked. "I have hundreds!"

"Hundreds?" His pitch raised a little from his usual, causing me to giggle. "What would those hundreds be?"

"Well, I just got a new one," I ventured shyly, ducking my head. "Your smile."

"Oh," He remarked. I noticed that he was blushing like crazy.

"I got the famous Tyrion Paul to blush? This must be my lucky day!" I pumped my fist in the air and he barked out a chuckle.

"Must be," he mused teasingly. We reached the library and I watched him gape. It was a multi-level library. We were at the top looking down. Mom had found this secret room with a computer and interesting novels and had put them on this floor. Technically, Tyrion wasn't allowed up here but I didn't feel like exercising.

He looked around, inspecting everything as if it was extremely precious. He picked up an old book and wiped its cover. "The Selection. What is this?"

I came up behind him, my head a little bit above his shoulder. "It's my grandma's diary during the Selection. I've never read it. Her wishes."

"Why doesn't she want you to read it?"

"She says it's a little inappropriate. That's probably because she doesn't know I read the classic Twilight." I laughed to myself. "And she says it has a lot of info on my great aunts and uncles that I shouldn't know."

He placed the book back on its shelf and kept exploring. I loved reading. Probably not as much as Tyrion but a lot. Dad used to find me sleeping up here and carry me back to my room when I was little. I told Tyrion as such. He paid lots of attention, engaging with my stories. It was nice to be this thoroughly listened to.

"Well, Kerttu, thank you. Your stories and the ones in these books are together an experience I will never forget," Tyrion said. We had traveled down to the first floor of the library, standing right in front of its mahogany doors with golden intricate designs. This house really was a blessing.

"I won't forget this either," I whispered. I fiddled with my hands until another was placed on top of them. He clasped both of my hands in between his own. An odd electricity grew throughout my body and pulsed repeatedly. It was like I had a second heartbeat. The one I've had all of my life and the one from his hold.

"Thank you for deciding to spend your night with someone like me. Thank you." He didn't let go of my hands and I didn't want him to. I reluctantly pulled away after staring into his grey eyes for awhile. They had spots of green in them.

"Well, I should let you go. Got to get your beauty sleep," I said with a wink while opening the door. We were now out of that tension filled library.

"Ha," he stated. "I woke up like this." I couldn't stop laughing, and to Vanessa's chagrin, snorting, all the way to his door.

"Now, every time I need a laugh, I'll think of that," I said.

"Well, I'm very glad to have made an imprint on your mind. That is quite the honor." He breathed the words out and I felt that same feeling I had in the library.

"I'm going to go before I do something I regret tomorrow," I said, backing slowly away from him. "Thank you, Tyrion."

He bowed and then entered his room. I skipped back to my room. I could still feel the warmth of his hands. This Selection was heating up already, I thought, locking the door behind me, excited for tomorrow.

**What do you think will happen next?**

**Do you like Tyrion? Do you think Tyrion and Kerttu should end up together?**

**Thank you so much for reading! You the best! Have an amazing day**