Shaan's Date - Chapter 3

I knocked on Shaan's door happily. Yesterday, the suitors had settled in, this morning, they had joined us at breakfast. It was weird but I loved it! They added their unique perspectives and jokes, I tried my best to soak all the energy in. I had asked Shaan if he had wanted to go on a date with me later and he had said yes. Asking people out was so nerve racking...even if they did travel miles out just for you to do so. I was ridiculous, I know.

He opened the door. He was wearing a simple white tee shirt with dress pants.

"Don't you look fancy," I complimented. His edgy grin appeared on his face, him leaning with his elbow on the doorframe.

"Nah, you look stunning. Where we going?"

"How about a walk in the gardens, kind sir?" With a smile, we held hands. I had never held a boy's hand before except for my little brothers. Shaan had this animal magnetism to him, from his light stubble to his chiseled jawline. As we walked down the palace stairs, I couldn't help but feel joy. I was on my first date!

"Whatcha thinking about?" Shaan ventured, running his free hand through his wild, dark brown, long hair.

"I'm hanging out with a hot boy. Doesn't get much better than this." He laughed through his teeth, creating a very breathy sound.

He turned so he was directly in front of me, stopping us in an empty hallway. "Yeah. You're right," he muttered into my ear, his body leaning over me. He placed his arm on the wall above me and I burned with desire. "It doesn't get much better than this."

Some of his loose hair was falling unto mine and I could feel his breath on my face. He pulled away, taking my hand again. "We're going to the gardens?"

I hooted, shaking my head. "You go from 0 to 100 to 0 again very quickly. I'm not sure how I feel about it."

He smirked. "Well, I feel like we should know each other a little bit better for me to go full 100. But trust me, you'll see me at 100." He winked at me hotly.

"You're bold," I declared, us finally making our way outside.

"So are you," he remarked gently. "That's why I like you so much."

"You don't know me enough to like me," I teased, smiling.

The sun hit his face, forming a shadow underneath his hair. "I like what I know."

We walked around the gardens, discussing our families and hometowns. He was from Bellmont, had a much older sister and a loving mother and father. He was always a bit of a thrill seeker, riding a motorcycle underage, gambling.

"You know that I could have you arrested for any of the things you just told me?" I inquired. A maid, Marsha, and I had set up a picnic for us near the edge of the forest. I would have to write her a thank you note later.

He laid on the blanket, holding himself up by his palms, chuckling. "I know but relationships require honesty. Plus, I'm too cute to be arrested."

"I don't know about all that," I mused sarcastically.

We relaxed in the sun for awhile, eating the fresh fruits and tarts Laila, our cook, had made. Laila was the most amazing chef.

"So why?" I wondered aloud. I really wanted to learn more about Shaan.

"Why what?" he replied, flopping his hair.

"Why the whole bad boy schtick?"

"Ouch," he said in mock hurt. "My personality is much more than a schtick."

"I know. So why?"

He sighed, sitting up on the blanket. He sidled up close to me and sighed again. "For the attention," he admitted, gazing into the forest. "I'm addicted to trying new things and attention. It's not a good combination."

"Is that why you joined the Selection?" I probed. I took his hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. I wanted him to feel safe with me.

"A part of it. Also, believe it or not, you were my first crush." He played with our hands. I giggled.

"Really?"

"Really. You have this energy that's hard not to like."

A guard told us to come inside and our date came to an end. I walked him to his door.

"Thank you for agreeing to this date with me. I'm really happy we got to talk," I concluded. "Thank you, Shaan."

"Same. And I'll be sure to show you at least me at 25 next time." With that, he went into his room. I dashed down the hallway, pulling up my dress so I could move with speed. I couldn't wait to tell Amberly.

**Do you like Shaan? And how are you feeling about Kerttu?**

**Who should she hang with next?**

**Thank you for reading and please vote and comment. Have an amazing day and always question, never settle and if you want, follow me on Instagram