Act Two- Scene Two

SCENE TWO

(JEREMY follows CHLOE into an upstairs bedroom.)

CHLOE

Jake's parents' room. Don't worry. They're not using it.

Jake looks at Chloe with shock and hurt in his eyes. Chloe frowns and hastily replies, "I was drunk! I wasn't trying to be insensitive!"

JEREMY

You really know your way around.

CHLOE

Yeah, I've had sex in pretty much every room in this house. (off JEREMY's shock) Because I dated Jake! God, what kind of slut do you think I am?

(CHLOE raises her baby bottle. And chugs from it.)

JEREMY

Where's Brooke?

CHLOE

Oh my god you are too freaking adorable. (drunk whisper) Brooke's not coming.

Brooke's eyes fill with sadness and concern as she realizes what is going  on. She gets up from her seat next to Chloe and plops down next to Jenna and Christine with an indescribable look on her face.

Chloe remembers what happens and sits silently, hanging her head in shame, not knowing what to say to Brooke.

They were only able to get past it because they never really revisited that night. Now, the confrontation was inevitable.

JEREMY

She's not? Then why...

CHLOE

DO YOU WANNA HANG?

DO YOU WANNA HANG?

DO YOU WANNA HANG FOR A BIT?

JUST YOU AND ME

Michael cringes as he watches Chloe invade Jeremy's personal space and making him feel uncomfortable. He unknowingly lets out a low growl that only Jeremy hears. The lanky boy buries his head into the protective boy's red hoodie, taking in his comforting smell.

INTIMATELY

TALKING ABOUT ALL OF OUR FEELINGS AND SHIT

DO YOU WANNA GET

DO YOU WANNA GET

DO YOU WANNA GET REALLY DEEP?

WE COULD CONNECT

IF I GET WRECKED

YOU COULD ROCK THIS BABY FAST ASLEEP

JEREMY

I have to go. (Beat.) I can't stand up.

THE SQUIP

You're welcome.

Michael is now fuming with  anger. The SQUIP was the reason his best friend was nearly raped.

He holds into Jeremy, rubbing circles into his back, calming them both down.

CHLOE

I don't know why she's so crazy about you. You're not that cute. No offense.

Michael scoffs. Why would Chloe do this if she didn't even think Jeremy was cute?

JEREMY

None taken. I should get back—

CHLOE