Act One- Scene Three

Oh my heck!! It's the chapter I've been waiting for. EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!! I'm dying from excitement. Heads up, I f r e a k i n g love RICH! He's my smol lispy boi!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SCENE THREE

(The boy's bathroom, after rehearsal. JEREMY is trying to wash the letters off his

backpack when RICH walks in.)

"Why did you wanna wash it off?~~" Michael teases Jeremy. He flushes red. "MiChAeL!" he stammers.

RICH

I told you not to wash that off.

(JEREMY busies himself with his backpack.)

JEREMY

Where's my homework?

RICH

I'm talking to you, tall-ass!

JEREMY

Why do you keep calling me that? I'm not even that tall!

"Um, to me you are!!" Rich argues. Jake follows up, "Jeremy is what, 5'9, maybe 5'10? He isn't that tall. You're just short..."

"Well yeah, but--" Rich is interrupted by the musical continuing.

(RICH heads to a urinal.)

RICH

You could be, if you weren't hunched over all scared all the time. The only thing

more pathetic is the way you're sneaking off to a stall to get away from me.

(JEREMY was trying to do just that. He stops, busted.)

Stalls are for girls. Are you a girl, Jeremy?

"IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSULT!" all the girls and Michael shout. Rich defends himself, "No! Girlth are awethome! My thquip ith to blame for me uthing it ath an inthult."

JEREMY

How can you talk to people while you're... Y'know.

RICH

Confidence.

"Or lack of thelf-conciouthneth..." Rich mumbles to himself, with a hurt look in his eyes, which Jake immediately picks up on it, snuggling the small blonde closer.

JEREMY

You might wanna...watch the floor, man...

(Because suddenly, Rich is twitching. As if he's receiving a message from beyond. He

begins muttering to himself under his breath. It's creepy.)

JEREMY

Uh... I just remembered I don't have to pee after all—

RICH

Don't move.

(JEREMY freezes. Slowly, RICH zips up. Then turns to face JEREMY. Menacing.)

You don't remember me frethhman year, do you?

JEREMY

You didn't go here freshman year—

"But I did..." Rich says quietly. Christine pipes up. "I remember seeing you once or twice before you got really popular! Or at least I think..."

(RICH pounds the wall. Scary.)