Lingering Thoughts

Audrey's eyes widened in shock and pulled away just before the kiss could progress.

"Oh shoot. I have to go!" She rushed out, taking off through the door. "I'm so sorry..." She called back to Adam while racing into the ballroom.

"Wait wait! Hold on for a minute-" Adam shouted after her.

Audrey began to frantically look for Elle as the guests began to remove their masks. She saw them on the other side of the ballroom in a darker corner chatting up a wealthy young man. As she ran she heard in the back of her head the one person that she wish she didn't have to run from.

Adam.

Even still, she rushed up to the Elle as the young man began to remove his own mask.

"Hey where have you been-" Elle began. Before she could finish her sentence Audrey grabbed her by the elbow.

"We have to go now!" Audrey hurriedly rushed out just as she felt a certain voice behind her draw closer.

As they began stepping away, Elle turned back to the young man she was speaking with.

Elle looked to James and blushed a little. "I'm sorry but I must be going." She said sadly.

"I hope we meet again." James said with empathy and a sad but encouraging smile. Then he turned to see Adam approaching.

Adam huffed a little. Audrey could run.

"Adam look I'm sorry but really we have to leave-" Audrey said turning to him but was quickly cut off.

"Before you go, I think you owe me." He smirked strolling right up to her form. He didn't hesitate to place his hands on her hips and pull her close. Audrey's eyes widened. Before she had a chance to run again, Adam removed his and her mask, and then placed his lips directly onto hers, right in front of everyone.

The alarm bells in Audrey's head quieted down as the silky softness of his lips caressed hers. She leaned into him and gave into the kiss.

Your mask is gone! Someone could see!

Shoot! Audrey thought and quickly pulled herself from Adam. She was about to run away again but stopped dead in her tracks when she got a look at his face.

A regal looking, high cheek-boned face adorned by two gorgeous orbs gazed back. Audrey had never seen such a beautifully rugged looking man. His face, although regal in all of its splendor, still managed to look rugged and masculine, a mix she had never experienced, but was glad to look upon.

Adam lost himself at her face, completely barren of any mask. The rosiness of her cheeks and the heart shape of her face accentuated her button nose and long eyelashes. The precious jewels of her eyes were adorning a beautifully innocent but royal face. Her cheekbones, although somewhat high on her face were filled in with lovely cheeks. She was gorgeous.

You have to run!

While Adam continued to gaze at Audrey as if she were the only other thing in the room, Audrey's thoughts ruined any sort of magical moment she was having. She quickly took back her mask and held it up to her face, all the while rushing out the door leading to the kitchens with Elle. She wished to look back, and see his arrogant smirk and gorgeous face one last time, but she couldn't risk it. Instead, she pressed on, winding her way throughout the passages with a quiet Elle next to her.

As they neared the door only one thought lingered in her head, despite the growing fear of her parents.

Would she ever see him again?

~

Amazing. Adam thought. The kiss was unlike any other he'd experienced. The electricity between the couple was amazing, and he'd longed for another. The shock he felt when he pulled away from him and rushed off holding her mask to her face hit him like a wave of water. He'd completely forgotten that she was hiding away from her parents, but he didn't regret a thing, and only wished to rush after her. He knew he couldn't though.

Her face was glorious and he wished he could look upon it once more.

He did want to learn more about her. But then he remembered James was here. The shock on his face at what just happened was evident, but he didn't want to explain himself. Her one dark headed friend appeared to also be wealthy. Maybe he could get into contact with her. He knew there'd be little chance of reaching out to Audrey.

Even still, he looked off in the direction Audrey had ran, only one real thought lingering in his head.

Would he ever see her again?