Chapter 4. Not so much.

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

It had been about four weeks since I’d told Aiden my story, weird enough I actually felt better by it. I felt good lately and I hadn’t done drugs since I’d promised him either. Things were finally taking a turn for the better. Trevor’s wife had insisted on having the both of us over for dinner last week and he was completely okay with that.

Yes, Aiden was definitely rubbing off nicely on me. I grinned as I finished my hair and makeup, looking into the mirror completely approving what I saw for the first time in ages. Tonight I’d agreed on meeting Aiden at some party again and I was really looking forward to it.

The only down side of being with him all the time is being around Eli a lot as well. Two brothers having nothing in common could get really frustrating sometimes. Eli was still hitting on me all the time, failing miserably at it. I couldn’t believe I had actually showed interest in the guy when we first met. He was real mean to his brother and pretty much everyone around him.

‘’Isabelle!’’ My mother yelled from downstairs.

Another thing that had gotten better since Aiden came into my life. No, my mom didn’t stop drinking, sadly enough. But my mood had gotten so much better that even she couldn’t bring me down.

I guess it was safe to say that I was happy with Aiden. And as much as I didn’t want to admit to it, he really did something with me. Casey had called it being in love with him but I wasn’t sure about that. I’d been in love before, before we moved here I’d had a boyfriend for almost a year and I’d been crazy about him.

Every time I was with him I felt normal, I felt like I could handle the world. He made me feel special and wanted, beautiful and he made it seem like there was nothing or no one around us that mattered the moment we were together.

Thinking of that, I think I might indeed be falling in love with Aiden White. That thought made my stomach flip several times. Was I really falling in love?

Eli’s P.O.V

The situation at home had seriously taken a turn, lately my parents seemed to be bothered by me instead of Aiden. Only because he was in a better mood and actually being pulled back into the real world my parents were all happy and peppy about him. I on the other hand was getting more and more frustrated.

Aiden was destroying every chance I had with my dream girl and he didn’t even see it. Every damn break in school they were texting, calling whatever they could do, they did it.

I wanted Isabelle to be mine, so badly. The distance between my brother and me became more and more and I think it would be safe to say I despised him at this point. Tonight they agreed on going to a party together or at least that he would meet her there. I was going to make sure it was over between them, once and for all.

I looked at my watch and nodded, time to party.

Isabelle P.O.V

As I reached the party I looked around to find Aiden’s car and felt slight disappointment as I noticed he wasn’t there yet. I got out of my car fixed my clothes and walked inside where Casey was already sitting next to Kyle and Eli making me doubt for a moment whether I should go over or not.

‘’Izzy!’’ Casey’s voice echoed over the music. ‘’He!’’

She waved me over and I slowly made my way over plumbing down next to her at that moment my phone rang.

Hey beautiful, I’m sorry I’m running late, I’ll try to make it! Just enjoy yourself okay. See you Aiden.

More disappointment. Aiden wasn’t coming, meaning what? Did I do something wrong? I was really insecure about our relationship, whatever that was. Maybe he was done with me already, maybe he had found a better girl.