Chapter 9: Happy Birthday Izzy.

Wow, I've been looking forward to this chapter for so long. I've been picturing this in my head like a thousand times or so.. I really hope you guys will like it. Please let me know in a comment or by liking, or both ofcourse. Well I won't bother you with my blabbing anymore.. Enjoy!

----------------------------

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

Today was the day, I had set my alarm at 7 this morning giving me 2 hours to get ready and get to the meeting point. I was supposed to meet Trevor and his wife, Casey and Aiden at the restaurant near the airport for breakfast and after that we’d go away for a few days just to spend some time relaxing away from the schedule we were on every single day. I was really looking forward to it to be honest.

I had been instructed to only pack my basic needs like makeup and a hair and toothbrush for Aiden had picked up the rest the day before yesterday. I had no clue what he had packed, he refused to tell me anything which was really annoying to be honest. 

I woke up with the loud sound of my alarm clock and normally the sound would annoy me horribly but today? No, today it probably one of the best sounds I’ve ever heard. Yeah, optimistic I know but I just was feeling so much better than well, ever I suppose. At least a long, long time.

I hopped out of bed and headed for the bathroom. I took a quick shower before getting back to my room and searched for some proper clothes. Now I was glad that I came out of the shower rather quick for it took ages to find the right outfit. I was searching through my clothes debating endlessly about whether or not I should wear several things.

I was thinking of wearing a dress remembering how my father always loved it when I wore dresses yet it was far too cold for that.

After I had pretty much thrown all my clothes out of the closet I found a light brown camel like pair of trousers the ankles of the trousers were small with the elastics in them yet the edge forming around my hips was a little wider it was a low cut trousers. It was tough yet girly.

I grabbed a vanilla white off the shoulder top and threw it over my head followed by looking into the mirror. I nodded in approval. I was still a bit of an off girl, I wasn’t a girly girl I always decided to wear something girly with something though for I never was the princess type.

I took a necklace my had brought me on his last deployment it was simple but I loved it very much. Now all I had to do was find a proper pair of shoes. I smirked to myself, I almost looked like a real girly girl, I even learned how to wear heels since my dad had gone missing and I actually had gotten really good at it. I’m sure my dad would love to see that. I would definitely show of my more girly side when he got home. He’d be so proud.

I looked through my closet for the right pair of shoes and found a set of heels that matched my outfit perfectly. I set them aside and walked over to my mirror where I fixed my hair. My wavy red hair was dyed ombre style making the faded red rusty color I loved so much – Yes I loved my original hair color – to a shade of blond, it looked natural and just perfect in my eyes.

My dad had always loved my hair telling me how his sister had the exact same hair color making the whole family think she wasn’t my grandfather’s child. We always joked about it. Again a feeling of happiness hit me just by thinking about my father but there was also sadness for he wouldn’t be here for my birthday.

I stared in the mirror and smiled at myself, I looked good, just a little make up and I was sure I looked perfect as could be. I applied a little eyeliner and mascara and then rushed towards the door. Ready to meet my friends.

As I got towards the airport I noticed the large amount of cars and then I suddenly remembered.

This morning was special for 49 families because they would all be reunited with their soldiers after a year of separation the least. Ever since my mom was out the running I had been trying to cover for her supporting the substitute at the FRG. I think I was doing a pretty good job and Mrs. Carson was a really nice woman who did a great job helping out all the wives on post. She was covering this homecoming.