Chapter 1. The introduction.

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

‘’Made breakfast, check, finished homework, check, made a list of groceries I had to pick up, check, Alcohol locked, check.’’ I let out a sigh before I mumbled. ‘’All set for school.’’

I didn’t bother to wake up my mother so I just grabbed my bag and keys and closed the door behind me. I got to my dad’s Audi Q7. The car was huge and really beautiful if you’d ask me. It’s not like I’m one of these car obsessed girls but I did know a cool car when I saw it and this? This was a damn good looking car!

I looked over my shoulder before I took place behind the wheel. The black and sand beige leather seats were almost like sitting on a cloud to me. I let my head rest against the back for a moment before turning on the radio and starting the car.

In my head I checked my list once again. Everything that had to be settled for mom getting up was done. Which left me nothing to worry about right now. Time to get to school and so I drove off.

As I reached the parking lot I managed to find a spot out in the back. It was hard to believe that there were so many spots taken already for school didn’t even start in like 20 minutes. I guess I knew why though, all the best places were taken within the blink of an eye and no one wanted to walk a marathon before even entering the school.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the car swinging it over my shoulder. This was my save haven, away from the army and with people that I wanted to be with. People always say that it’s impossible to pick out your family but I feel like I managed to do just that.

 ‘’Hey pretty.’’ Kyle said as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. He always managed to make me smile. My best friend, crazy as he was. As I looked up at his face I noticed a lock of hair hanging in front of his eyes which was something that always bugged me. I pushed it out of his sight and grinned.

‘’Hey to you too.’’ Kyle had always been this clingy to me from the moment we moved here he had been around and I didn’t really mind. We were just friends we always had been and we would continue to be exactly that.

Besides I had had my doubts about his sexuality since the day we met so I didn’t worry too much either. I guess it would have been weird with any other guy but Kyle was just innocent. This was a great start of the day.

I had decided that today I would leave everything behind and I wouldn’t worry about what was waiting for me at home. I knew in the back of my head that that was pretty much impossible but I managed to push that thought away for the time being.

I was glad I went to school off post now. Nobody knew my story here, I wasn’t the sad girl with the missing dad everyone had given up on. Or the poor kid with the depressed mother.

I was Isabelle or Izzy as most people called me.

So far I’d been capable of hiding my problems and I never had to bring anyone home for no one had family in the army in this school. Usually I would just tell them it was really hard to get random visitors over all the time most of them would just settle for that.

‘’What’s your first class?’’ Kyle asked as he started walking towards the big navy blue doors making an entrance into the school.

 ‘’English.’’ I mumbled somewhat bored.

 ‘’Too bad, I have science first.‘’ Kyle pouted making him look like a five year old that had just gotten no for an answer.

I just smirked before nodding at his answer waved him goodbye as I turned towards the English class I was supposed to attend.