Snapping

Anything can be overwhelming if there's enough of it.

Pain?

Absolutely. It doesn't take much of that to overwhelm someone.

Sadness?

Same sort of deal.

Support?

Shockingly enough, it gets pretty overwhelming after a while, too.

"So, this circuit connects to the internal or external one?"

Hunk and Pidge are building... something (okay, Lance wasn't really listening, but it's not completely his fault). For whatever reason, the two geniuses decided to invite Lance to build it with them. Sure, they're both outrageously smart, but that seems like an error in judgment if Lance has ever seen one. He was hesitant to accept at first because... well...

You won't have anything to contribute.

You'll only hold them back.

Such a burden.

But they insisted. Pidge is honestly one of the most stubborn people that Lance knows, and Hunk sort of takes on that quality when he's around the little gremlin. They simply wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. It's not all bad, of course, and, Lance can't lie, he kind of wanted to take them up on the offer anyway. At least then he wouldn't be alone... Besides, he figured it would be interesting. Hell, maybe he'd even learn something.

But boy, oh boy, this is possibly the worst thing that could be inflicted upon any human being in both the past and future. Well, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it's honestly awful. Lance doesn't really understand anything that they're saying, and, shockingly enough, he really isn't able to contribute much to the process because of that. Lance never thought he was completely stupid. He never failed classes (well, not many), and was able to understand most of the things he was being taught with minimal effort. But goddamn if this doesn't make him feel completely idiotic, then nothing else does.

"Ah, Pidge, I think that wire should be welded with the blue internal wire."

Okay, that he understands.

"Of course! Duh! How else would the electricity enter a feedback loop, thus allowing the outputted results to be filtered back into the input! Thanks, Hunk!"

Okay, yep, nope. He's out. No more.

Lance quietly makes his way towards the door, hoping that the two hard at work would just not notice him trying to leave. It's not far... The door is in sight... He's so close... Just-

"Lance? Where are you going?"

Cringing, Lance turns his head to look towards a confused looking Hunk and Pidge. He can almost see... hurt? On their faces?

"Oh, I was just going to go back to my room and nap for a little while. Is that cool?" Lance smiles as genuinely as he can and sees Pidge squint but shrug and return to their work fairly quick. Hunk is a bit more hesitant to let him leave, however. Figures.

"Are you sure you want to go? We're going to miss you. Will you be oka-"

"Hunk," Lance cuts him off quickly. "I'll be fine. See you at dinner?"

Hunk remains quiet for a few seconds before giving Lance a half-hearted smile. "Alright. Sleep well."

"Will do, good buddy!" Lance says cheerily.

Finally able to escape from the torture of smart people conversations that he doesn't understand, Lance begins to make his way back to his room with a sigh. Of course, he lied about sleeping. He definitely won't be doing that.