Home Sweet Home

"Hey Phil? Can you hold this, I'd like to get a shot of my last day here?" I ask my step dad as he loads the last of the bags into his car.

"Sure kiddo." Today is the day. I finally get to go home to my wonderful father.

Phil holds my video camera up and starts recording. "Hello males, females, and aliens for all intents and purposes who are viewing this. You are now witnessing my last day in Phoenix and I'mma tell you all, that I'm gonna miss this place and the people in it. Not to mention my tan. I will film later on the plane, so I will see you then! Kisses!" I blow a kiss to the camera before Phil closes it.

He goes to hand me the camera but I hug him instead. "I'm going to miss you Phil." He wraps his arms around me. "I'm going to miss you too Ella."

We break away from each other and I go over to where mom and Bella are hugging. They release each other and I go to hug mom.

She squeezes me tightly before releasing me. She cups my face and whispers, "Take care of yourself and Bella for me. My sweet Ella." Tears gather in my eyes. Even though I miss my home in Forks, I will always miss my mother.

We have to leave though. Phil's baseball career is causing mom and Phil to travel to Jacksonville Florida. It's not like I am not happy for them. Mom deserves to live her life to the fullest. I was the one who said that Bella and I should go back to Forks to live with our father. Bella of course wasn't very fond of the idea, but we had very little options. I missed Charlie. He was all I had when Renee and Bella moved to Phoenix.

She kisses my cheeks as Bella goes to hug Phil. "Yo, come on. I love you both, but we've got a plane to catch!"

As we were driving, I pulled out my video camera and turned it on. "We are officially on our way to the airport! I'm going to miss my mom and stepfather a lot and I'm also excited to go back to Forks!" I filmed Bella looking out the window. She caught me and shoved my camera away with a smile, causing me to laugh.

I filmed mom and she stuck her tongue out at me and Phil smiled.

The rest of my video was of the deserts we passed. Phoenix was definitely beautiful. My passion is photography and videography. I've always been obsessed with capturing memories, because you only live once, might as well capture life's treasures.

The car ride was silent as I listened to music while reading as Bella just stared out the window at the scenery.

Leaving my mom was always hard, but now it was harder, because I had a feeling I wouldn't see her for awhile.

Tears were shed when we said our final goodbyes as we got on the plane. 

On the plane, I laid my head on Bella's shoulder. "It gets harder to say goodbye every time." I mutter as my slightly red eyes closed.

"I know Ella, I know." was the last thing I heard until I fell asleep.

"Ella, Bella!" I looked around until I saw Charlie. I grabbed Bella's hand and dragged her to Charlie. I hugged him tightly. "Dad." I whispered.

He hesitantly hugged me back. Dad was always hesitant when it came to affection, but you could always tell that he cares for you.

"I missed you too Ella." He let go of me and looked at Bella. "Hey Charlie." I looked at her in slight anger and confusion. Why didn't she call him 'dad'? The atmosphere was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

Bella did get a hesitance for show of affection from dad, so it didn't really surprise me that much.

But come on! Bella hasn't seen dad for awhile and she suddenly starts calling him Charlie to his face? Poor dad.