Chapter 6: dark place and mind

I woke up to the sound of the tv still on and Remington lightly snoring. I giggled a bit listening to him snore looking like a baby. I soon reached over to get my phone and saw all the texts my ex Chris had left. 

"Where the hell are you.....better be home soon with whatever boy toy you got....I swear to god I'm going to slit your throat when I see you next time....alright bitch hope you like dirt cause you'll be 6 feet under when I see you next.....your a cunt you know that all you do is sleep with guys for love in your life.....hope you enjoy the rest of your night with whatever guy you slept with ugly bitch" 

 It went on and on and the tears started to fill my eyes more and more with the more messages I read. He was right atleast and not saying bullshit to piss me off. I got up off of the couch not trying to wake Remington as I made my way to the bathroom. Shutting and locking the door behind me; and looking in the mirror seeing the scars on my arms and the fresh ones. I looked in my purse to find the pocket knife I kept for protection. Slowly pulling out the blade I slide down the bathroom wall. 

  I started small but the more tears ran down my cheeks the deeper the cuts got "your nothing, your alone, your fat, your ugly" I whispered quietly to myself. I soon put the knife down and looked at my arm, more cuts then ever showed with blood dripping off of my arm and onto the hard cold floor. I wiped up the blood from the floor and wiped my tears away "I'm fine" I sighed and rolled down my sleeve. As I walked out into the living room I noticed Remington awake turning the tv to something interesting. Not saying a word I sat next to him and he looked over at me "sorry if I woke you up I didn't feel so well but I'm better now" I lied a bit but also told the true. I didn't curl up next to him like before which I knew he noticed but I didn't want him to see or feel the blood on my wrists. 

 After the long silence he looked over at me. 

(Remington's p.o.v)

  It seemed off the Lisa was curled up by herself then I soon smelled the faint smell of blood. My heart dropped and I looked over at her then noticed in the light her puffy eyes, blood shot from what seemed to be crying. I turned to face her and put my hand on her shoulder "what's wrong" she didn't say anything and I grabbed her hand. As I did I felt something wet then when I removed me hand I noticed it was blood. 

(Lisa's p.o,v) 

 Remington grabbed my arm then proceeded to roll up my sleeve to show the cuts and slashes I took to my wrist. His face turned whiter then ever and jaw dropped. He looked up at me and tears filled his brown eyes "what's wrong please tell me why you did this..please...". I broke down sobbing in his arms as he held me closer then ever. He hummed softly in my ears to calm me down and it started to work.

  I soon pulled away and he looked me in the eyes "m..my ex boyfriend....won't..leave me..a.alone" I sobbed still handing him my phone. I read threw and soon put my phone down but looked like he was going to hurt someone. He hugged and kissed my forehead softly "it's ok he's not going to do jack shit to you alright I won't allow him too, nothing will harm you anymore". 

 I smiled and hugged him harder not wanting him to let me go "promise me you'll never let him do that to me" I was shaking like a leaf and he nodded his head " I promise nothing will ever hurt you, your nothing like what he is saying your perfect to me just the way you are..". I looked at the time, 8:43 am, I had work in 2 hours. I wanted to call off but I needed the money "Remmy I have to leave soon to go to work but I don't want to go home what if Chris is there waiting for me" he didn't say anything for a bit.

 "I have makeup and clothes you can borrow and I'll drop you off at work then text me when you get lunch break. We can meet for lunch then I'll pick you up after your work ends ok" he looked down at me and wiped the tears off my cheeks. "You sure" I asked but he shook his head yes "I don't care besides you'd look cute in my clothes" he laughed a bit.

 I smiled and he took me to his room patched up my wounds and looked in his closet "how about a band tshirt I got our band shirts we didn't sell yet" I smiled and grabbed my size. I went into the bathroom to change but he stopped me "please don't do that again while your in here, or you'll be hearing from my brothers" he smiled and kissed my forehead. I nodded my head and changed.