prologue

You were were a 17 year old girl living in Southern California and you were coming home from work. You were a waitress at a cheap fast food restaurant and you hated it. But you had no other choice because you were now living on your own since your parents passed away and you didn't have any other family that wanted you. You were starting to run out of money and could barely afford your apartment. You chuckled to yourself, "I'm almost 18 maybe I can be a stripper."

  You had just got off work so you stepped out the back entrance and began to walk down the alley. It was about a two mile walk back home and it was almost 11pm. You forgot your coat so you checked the temperature on your phone and it was 35 degrees "It's fucking cold out here." But you didn't have far to walk so you'd be fine.

  You turned around a corner when you seen a small group of people standing by a row of dumpsters. You could sense them looking at you so you kepting walking and stared at the ground. When you looked up you could see a highway ahead of you with some streetlights. You mumbled to yourself, "I'll go walk over in the light."

  You almost made it to the road when you heard a voice. "Hey there angel cakes!"

  You didn't respond and just kept walking.

  "Hey! I'm talking you!"

  You could now hear footsteps getting closer to you but they were starting to get faster so started to run. But it was too late the man had ahold of your wrist.

  The man used his other hand to turn your head towards his, and he smirked. "Where you going cutie?"

  "Uh I'm going home."

  "How about you come with me instead?"

  "No, I'll pass."

  The man yanked you towards him and you slammed into his chest. The man chuckled, "You're coming with me angel cakes."

  You began to thrash and flail your arms but his hold was to strong, and your cries were soon muffled by his other hand. You felt completely helpless, scared, and exhausted. You closed your eyes, ~God help me~

  You quickly opened your eyes when you felt the man slam you against the side of a building. You felt your legs collapse and you fell to the ground, you looked up to see the man quickly unbuckling his pants. You looked back down in fear. But you seen a long piece of metal so you grabbed it and started to swing it at the man.

  You were able to knock him back a few feet so you jumped up and started to run back to the road. ~I've got to find someone.~ As you got closer to the road you couldn't see anyone. "Damn it!"

  As you were about to continue running you could hear a low chuckle coming from directly behind you. "Guess angel cakes little plan didn't work." He suddenly grabbed your shoulders and turned you around to face him. There was blood running down his face from where you hit him, and as he spoke his blood hit your face.

  "You're not going to live to regret what you did to me."

  In the corner of you eyes you could see a bright light quickly coming closer. You looked back at the man and he smirked and began to push you back.

  At that moment you knew what he had done. Time seemed to slow down and memories started to flash by. You seen your family, friends, and the last thing you seen was your mother looking down upon you she had the most beautiful smile, "It's okay y/n, I love you"

  Suddenly her image started to fade then you looked to the side and you could clearly see the two headlights heading straight towards you and in the last moment you closed your eyes to prepare for what was to come. ~This is it, this is how I die.~

  For a fraction of a second you felt a sharp pain but it quickly faded and the light past your eyelids slowly dispersed. You tried to open your eyes but they wouldn't budge, then to tried to move your arms but they wouldn't move either.

  You then felt what seemed like a gust of wind from below you and you then let you body relax into it. Your body felt more at peace then it ever has in your whole life. Then the wind slowed down then your back started to feel cold.

  You tried to move you fingers and your hand began to move so you felt the ground and it felt smooth, almost like glass. It felt different than the road or sidewalk. You tried to open your eyes again. But you still felt so tired and your eyes wouldn't budge.

  You suddenly heard the sound of footsteps clicking across the floor. Your body tensed up from fear of the man that attacked you. But the mans voice that you heard wasn't him, and it wasn't anyone that you recognized at all.

  "Guys! We have situation!"