"It's just my aura, I'm using it to project myself so I that I can communicate with you all." Explained the crimson haired boy.

Ash turned to his friends and shrugged his shoulders.

"Wait when, and how for that matter, did you convince him to help us?" Asked Clemont.

Ash looked at the Lumiose gym leader.

"When the two of us are having a conversation in my head time around us slows down immensely, so literally it was while I was flying through the air, as for how... I'll leave that between Shadow and I." Said Ash.

"So, what now?" Asked Serena.

Ash put a hand on her shoulder. He looked he in the eye and said.

"Now, we win."

Then the two boys walked around her.

Ash went left and Shadow went right. As they walked straight towards the merged legendary pokemon Giovanni chose now to taunt them.

"You think you can win boy? We have an army of trainers that obey our every command and an army of mind controlled legendary pokemon that can fuse together at our will! Your pokemon are down. Your friends can't help you. You are all alone!" Shouted Giovanni.

Ash glared at the tyrannical mad man. He knew Giovanni was wrong and he was going to make sure Giovanni knew it as well.

"NO!" Shouted Ash. "I'm not, my friends may not be able to fight and my pokemon may be down and beaten but they will still give me their strength and support, and now I have a new friend!"

Giovanni glared at the transparent projection of Shadow.

"I can see that, which is also why I will not only get to take pleasure in destroying you, but that filthy traitor as well." Said Giovanni.

If his creator's harsh words hurt him then Shadow did an excellent job of hiding it because the boy didn't even flinch.

Ash looked at the projection next to him.

"Shall we?" Asked the legendary warrior.

Shadow nodded his head.

"We shall." He replied.

Suddenly the wind around the two began to pick up their clothes were moving in the wind and their eyes were shut. Suddenly their eyes snapped open and the two were each enveloped in a vortex of aura.

Ash surrounded in a golden aura and Shadow surrounded in a grayish-black one. The two stood there for a moment before in perfect unison they spoke two simple words.

"Soul fusion." They said calmly.

Then their auras began to overlap and Shadow's soul began to draw closer to Ash's body until eventually merging with him. Then the dark and light auras exploded temporarily blinding everyone else.

When they looked again the sight in front of them surprised the evil leaders and downright shocked Ash's friends all for the same simple reason, there had been two of them a moment ago now there was only one, meaning only one thing.

Ash and Shadow had fused.

The boy that stood there looking at the fusion mega pokemon looked awesome. Since both of the fused people were human the most that changed was their clothes.

Ash's once blue jacket now had black where there was once white and there were red designs around the sleeves of the jacket. Their fused form had Ash's pants and Shadow's shoes. As for their/his hair it was mostly black but had a red lightning bolt on each side.