Kevin lays next to me and falls back to sleep. "Do you need a companion?" I ask him, but he doesn't respond. I hum for a few seconds, "We'll be singles together.. which means we're not single but let's not think about that right now." I pet his little soft ears. I then hear my phone buzz and I look over to it in my backpack. "It could be Jae.." I whisper.

I look down at him at my side to see his cute little eyes closed. I get up slowly and his little body still falls in the direction he was leaning. He lays flat and looks at me, as if mad at me that I moved. I quickly grab my phone and walk back to my bed, only to have Kevin throw out his paw at me, smacking my thigh.

"Are you really that mad that I moved from my own bed?" I ask him. He blinks and gets up, walking over to the end of my bed and lays down. "Wow, you're so dramatic." I lay back down. I look down at my phone.

_

JAE
Hey, so I was wondering if you wanted to spend the night tomorrow? My parents are going to some intervention. So they'll be gone all weekend. Only if you want to..

_

I think for a while, it shouldn't be any different than any other time that I would go and spend the night. The only thing that is different is how Jungkook was acting with me today, I shouldn't let that affect the way I feel when I go and see my best friend. Because then what? Then Jungkook once again is affecting the way I do things in my life. I can't settle for that.
"What do you think Kevin? Should I go spend the night?" I look up at his little body, but he doesn't respond or even move. "Hmp.." I whisper as I look back down at my phone.

_

ME
Yeah! Should I bring anything?

JAE
Nah, just your lil cute cat.

ME
Oof.. will your parents be okay with that?

JAE
probably not.

ME
Okay then I won't lol.

JAE
Awe man.. just because my dad is allergic. Kevin is so cute.

ME
I know.. I'm sorry.

JAE
it's okay man.. I wanted to talk to you about my brother.

ME
What about him?

JAE
He was acting strange don't you think? Can I call you?

ME
Sure, go for it.

_

I feel my heart pick up speed in my chest and I try my best not to poo my pants. My phone automatically rings. "Hey bestie." She replies. "Hi." I smile nervously as if she could see me. "Okay, so my brother was acting weird tonight don't you think?? I mean... he usually doesn't even want to be around us."

"Yeah I don't know, I obviously didn't pay much attention to him because I was just worrying about homework and dinner." I lie, I did notice. I did more than notice, I freaked out and I've been overthinking what everything could mean. "Oh, well.. I'm sorry that he was bugging you. He's like a little puppy.", "Haha.. Jae, you're the same way." She lets out a breath.

"Okay okay, I know but he's like.. a whiny puppy that uses his puppy eyes to get everything he wants." I then think about how he looked into my eyes and begged for me to stay with him as he did his homework. "You too." I tease. "Ugh! We're too much alike, it's annoying. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a twin, he's too exhausting." I chuckle.