Chapter 6

i felt myself slowly awake and i opened my eyes. it was still dark in my room, so i knew i had woken up sometime in the middle of the night. i sat up and glanced at the clock and it said it was three in the morning. i rolled my eyes and laid back down. since i was awake and i didn't feel like going back to sleep, i needed to take care of something that kept crossing my
mind; ponyboy.

i mean, he's a great friend, but is he something more? i thought back to when he checked out my bruise on my head, and his touch made my heart race. was that a sign i liked him?

ive never been good with my feelings and identifying them. i can never tell when i feel strong emotions and what they mean.

ive never felt the feeling i get when im with pony though, its all new to me. so maybe that is a sign i like him?

i wont approach him though, thats too scary. what if he doesn't feel the same about me? that would be embarrassing.

"feelings are hard." i said to myself.

i closed my eyes again and sleep found me.

Pony's POV

i jolted awake suddenly, finding myself sweating. i had another nightmare, and i was so over them at this point. i laid back down and i thought about ash.

ash was so cool, she was everything i could want in a friend, and maybe more. i think i like her, and not just in a friend way. i think i really like her. how could i not? she's smart, pretty, tough, and her personality is just amazing.

i don't know if i should tell her, though. she probably won't feel the same. there is a chance she does like me back though, but it's unlikely. who would like a lowlife greaser like me?

there was no use in trying to sleep again, so i grabbed a book and read until the sun's first rays started to gleam.

Ash's POV

my eyes opened and i saw light shine through the window. at first i forgot where i was, and i panicked a bit. but then i remembered i was at two bits house. i got up and quietly walked to the kitchen. two was still sleeping, so i decided to make him breakfast. i got out some bacon and eggs and fried them up. they sizzled and crackled, and it smelled amazing. the smell woke two bit up, because once they started cooking i heard a door open and someone say "i smell bacon!"

i turned around to see two bit walking over with bedhead and mickey mouse pajama pants. i rolled my eyes and laughed and two bit came up behind me.

"i didn't know you could cook!"

"well, when your mom doesn't feed you, you gotta learn on your own."

we sat down and ate our breakfast (and i will say, i did a pretty good job) and two bit said that after we both got dressed we would head over to the curtis brothers house. my heart started to race at the thought of seeing pony again. i shook away those feelings and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

during my shower, i heard banging on the bathroom door. "can you hurry up in there?" two bit asked impatiently.

"no, sorry, i can't. try again later!" i yelled back to him.

i heard his laugh then, "whats with girls and their long showers?"

"its just a girl thing. a guy would never understand."

i heard footsteps walking away and after a little while, i finally got out. i kept my hair down since it was still wet and changed into jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. i came out of my room and two bit was fake sleeping on the couch. when i walked in, he fake woke up. "wow, you're FINALLY ready! i took a longgggg nap while you did all of that."