Epilogue

As he pushes it slightly, the gate screeches loudly. When he gets it opened enough to slip through, he enters and looks around.

A heavy silence surrounds the area, all trees in the garden filled with red, orange and yellow leaves. The grass is brownish already, uncared for and clearly in the process of dying.

In front of him stays the rectory, tall and old, the exterior walls peeling worse than last time he was here. It's completely mute, nothing moving or making a sound, and he wonders suddenly how Yoongi has found this place.

How his beloved priest, gone through struggle, pain and heartbreak, found this lonely area to mend himself. How it hid him from the mean world for such a long time, a sanctuary of peace, only to be his ending too.

He steps towards the front door, through the garden he once remembers being punished in. It's now covered in colorful leaves, crunching overwhelmingly loud in the deafening silence of the place.

He reaches the door and knocks twice, hand shaking wildly. No one answers. He knocks two more times, waiting for the man he fell in love with to open it widely, to pull him in a sudden, explanatory kiss and say goodbye, at least.

His chest suddenly hurts.

He twists the doorknob and it opens easily, creaking just slightly. He wonders briefly how long has it been since anyone opened this door.

He goes inside, sunlight penetrating the house through the many uncovered windows. He remembers all the paths around the building, and he chooses to step towards the dining room. It's lightened by the sun, but it feels strangely suffocating and dark.

The table is where it's always been, in the middle of the room. Its always been a shining, dark brown, and now it's no exception, except the shine has been covered by spider web.

His once fear of spiders, doesn't exist in this moment, as he pulls the chair he usually sat in and sits.

In front of him, he can imagine Yoongi cutting his food, eating it hungrily and asking, mouth full, Jimin if he isn't hungry as well. Opening his eyes, he's gone.

He wants to get up, push the chair back under the table and explore some more. To revive old memories and through them, somehow also revive the older, beautiful man who lost himself.

A tear goes down his cheek and a sob catches into his throat. Oh, how missed you are, Min Yoongi.

He stands and in a hurry goes up the stairs, trying to distance himself from the dining room, memories flooding his head.

It hurts.

As he enters the man's room, his breath is taken away.

Nothing has changed ever since he left that Monday morning. The bed covers are made, the window is covered by the thick, beige curtain and the wardrobe is closed.

He starts crying, sobbing and falls onto the ground, when the scent of fresh laundry hits him, something clicking into his mind.

Compared to the entirety of the rectory, long forgotten and abandoned, the priest's room is fresh, kept and looked after.

He crawl towards the bed, tugs the sheets to him and sniffs deeply, the familiar perfume chokes him.

He feels rather crazy, drugged and tired, incredibly tired, when he looks around, waiting for someone, anything to come out and tell him the truth. To tell him it's all been a joke, to make him understand why he couldn't see and notice the struggle. Why he stays here, desperately wanting to hang onto a hope that Yoongi is behind some door, waiting to prank him and call him stupid.

He screams loudly, throat hurting and his voice soon gives up, wants the heavens to hear his pain, to give him back what he deserves, to return the older man who crazed him entirely.

He lifts himself inside the bed, pillow scented like his shampoo and he suddenly clenches his hands over his head. He has a headache.

It's only a bit later, when he can no longer cry, his whole body aching and hurting, that he feels watched.

He can't move, chooses to ignore the feeling, but it becomes heavier and heavier, leaving him breathless and shaky, his hands and feet cold.

A cold sensation touches his forehead and all the pain is gone. He can see Yoongi over him, scolding him first thing in the morning for oversleeping, lifting the blanket over him and leaving the door wide open behind him.

A lonely tear escapes again, but he smiles. He is here, here forever.

***
[ this is kind of Jimin's experience coming back to the rectory, months after the accident. (It was spring when it happened, now it's autumn)

As you can see, Yoongi is still lurking around, taking care of their room and now freeing Jimin of all the pain he feels.

Hopefully you enjoyed this small extra :] SIN is now finished, no other chapters will be added.

I owned you this one guys! I really hope it somehow bettered the situation!

Enjoy!!]

[this was finished on 21th November 2018]