Twenty Three

Jimin gasps as his body roughly hits the cold ground. His mind is swirling and it takes a bit until he registers what just happens.

Frantically, he looks around for any sign of the bag, scooping up on his knees to be able to search better. When he realizes it's gone for good, he sighs heavily and lets his head fall in defeat.

He tugs his arms to his chest for some slight protection and crunches more towards the ground in the fetal position. A tear hits right in front of his knee. Jimin stares for a second at the place it wet before letting out a pained sob.

"Yoon-", he whispers inaudibly, a wrecking sob cutting him off, "please."

He continues sitting this way, not caring about any people passing and seeing him at his worst. He wants the bed warm back at the rectory, he wants to see Yoongi sitting at the other side of the table while breakfast, lunch and dinner is served. He wishes to feel safe and certain again.

They do say you don't fully know what you have until you lose it.

Jimin suddenly stirs when a cling is hear right next to his ear. He sees a silver coin and above him towers a woman. She is smiling softly and mentions towards the coin shortly before rushing towards a man who is waiting for her a few meters away. He stares after them until they disappear throughout the multitude of pedestrians.

He turns to the coin and lifts it with shaky fingers - 500 won.

He wipes his face using his shirt and raises onto his legs. He has to stabilize himself holding onto the building next to him. He grips tightly onto the money and starts walking towards his initial destination- the center.

While walking, the coldness of the night is starting to get to him, goose bumps forming every now and then. Every one of his clothes were inside the bag, so he has nothing but the flimsy t-shirt he is currently wearing to protect him.

After a while, he reaches a wide crossroad filled with people and lights, so he can suppose this is the sought place.

He walks around, searching for a market to buy some food or water. He spots a 7 eleven and rushes towards it. Entering, he is surrounded by warmth and the delicious smell of food. He ignores his growling stomach and searches instead for the cheap instant noodles.

He groans when he notices the cheapest ramen package is 900 won. He snatches it from the shelf and takes it to the counter. The woman looks at him and stretching her hand to take the product from her.

He doesn't give it to her. Instead asks hopefully,

"Can we have a deal?"

"On what?" she seems confused.

"I give you 500 won now and will give you the rest tomorrow, for the ramen."

The woman shakes her head and answers him negatively.

"Please, I am begging you. I have nothing more than this."

"Then you come back when you have enough." the woman continues to reject his offer.

He turns and places the package back on the shelf, before rushing out of the market. He stops and looks around, wondering where to go next.

He suddenly remembers his phone and searches the pockets, praying silently for it to not have been left inside the bag. To his surprise, the phone is inside his right pocket. He fishes it out and notices a multitude of missed calls from an unknown number.