Chapter 22

The moment Jarret allowed his true self to be released it was as if a heavy weight has been lifted off his shoulders, he can finally breath again. Sure back then it was nothing to worry about, but once he meet Kalista, that all started to change. Jarret never thought in a million years that a woman like her would be in his life.

As the day went on Kalista and Jarret hung out for the day. Not only was it his time off, but also, was the time to show off one another. Stopped by the local food stands along with a few other ones nearby.

Jarret opened the door to a meat and cheese shop. Kalista walked in first grinning at him. He grinned back. Kalista grabbed a wooden basket then moves toward a buffet table. Jarret followed her from behind.

"How does it feel to finally be out in the open about everything." She asked. Placing three packs of spicy sausages, two bags of sharp cheddar cheese and two boxes of crackers.

Jarret glanced over at the table as well. Smirked after seeing two jars of grape jelly nearby, placed it in the basket. "At first I was a little hesitant this morning. But I went with it anyway," Arching an eyebrow at her. "What about you love." He added.

She chuckled and smirked. Marched toward the check out with him following her. Taken every item out while getting the money ready.

"I see, well I'm glad you chose to. I've done baby steps with my ears," Grinning over her shoulder at him. Hands the cashier the amount of money. "As for my wings, it's a huge step that I'm happy to do with you." She added. Giggled softly at him after grabbing a hold of the basket handle after packing the purchased items up back in the basket. He grinned back. Opened the door for her then walks out after Kalista. Closed the door.

Grabbing a hold of Kalistas left hand intertwining their fingers. Moved toward the gate. "Well I am honored to witness everything with you love." He grinned. Glancing over at her.

The moment that they both arrived at Jarret's home he than laid down a pale yellow blanket in his back yard. Kneels down by unloading the basket, spreading out each product. Kalista stood back watching him then decided to go pick out some flowers. Comes back with lavender flowers, along with Daisy's and baby's breath. As she kneeled down in front of him tucking in her legs underneath, puts the bouquet in a ceramic vase that Jarret must have snuck inside the basket. Kalista grinned.

After a few laughs and glances to one another they both are now cuddled up against each other, leaning back to a nearby tree with pillows that Jarrett got from inside his house. Finished snacks and bottles of fruit juice are scattered all over the blanket.

Kalista lays her head back against his shoulder, looking up at the trees. "What is the meaning behind the rose that you gave me Jarret." She asked as a smirk formed on her face.

He smirked. Rest's the side of his head down on top of her's. Plays with her fingers gently as he rubbed Kalistas upper arm smooth with his other hand. "Well love, Mother Nature created them. When you're ancestors feel in love, she needed something to represent their love. Not only that," Looking down at her kissing Kalistas forehead lightly. "But to also help them find their true soulmate." He added.

"How will you be able to know Jarret?" She asked. Smirked and Giggled at the feel of the kiss. Looking back up at him.

Jarret looked deep into her beautiful eyes, grinned. "First it will appear as a white rose. Then when you are near the one you wish to be with, a color that matches their personality, will cover up parts of the rose." He replied.

Kalista giggled once more. Arched an eyebrow at him. "I see, kind of like how it did for us."

"Exactly love." He stated. Grinning back. They both share a loving kiss then returns their gaze back to the sky, watching the breathtaking sunset.

~*~*~*~

Jarret arrived at the castle the very next day. Breathed in and out, walked up opening the door then marched right on inside. Stepped down the hallway seeing Kalistas father's office door opened. Nods and smirked, filled with confidence.

Marched inside, stands tall in front of the desk. "Sir, May I speak with you for a few minutes." He asked.

Caspian glanced up at Jarret. Arched an eyebrow, smirked. "Ah, Jarret. Of course! Have a seat if you will."

Jarret grinned. Sits down in the chair. Folds both arms, laying his right leg on top of his right leg. "I wish to ask for Kalistas hand in marriage sir."

Utter silence filled the room. His nerves got shot. Hoping he gets her father's approval.

Caspian smirked and chuckled. "Of course!" Clapped his hands in a cheerful manner. Clears his throat. "You have my blessings Jarret. I've always admired you young man." He added.

They both share a handshake and grinned at one another. Now that this part was over and done with, the next new steps; will be amazing.