"I told her about us and she seems to already like you." He said as he sat down.

"Can you tell me about 'us'?" I asked, sitting across from him.

"I would, but it'll make you blush in front of all these people."

I could already feel the heat at my ears.

"I think we are -"

"Don't," I interrupted him. "Let's just eat."

He winked at me before taking a bite out of the burger, chuckling to himself. Matteo's younger cousin, Adriano, and Adriano's friend, Kianzo, joined us and started talking about their current situation with Stollo.

Of course, it was Matteo and Kianzo that was doing all the talking since Adriano was someone who didn't talk too much. Since the time I was introduced to him, I haven't heard him talk. Marcella told me that he only opened his mouth and say something if it was important.

"When you were gone, Aiden and Giovanni went to check out the commotion that was happening at one of our clubs. It was some of Stollo's low tier men." Kianzo explained. "Aiden and Gio chased them out but they ended up getting tailed by the police."

"Where are Aiden and Giovanni now?" I asked realizing that I haven't seen them since I got here.

"They are back here, sleeping, after Marcella came and helped."

"What did she do?" Matteo asked.

"Rolled up in her Jeep right when Giovanni and Aiden decided to ditch their whips."

The chatter took a break as we all went back to eating our lunch. Adriano sipped his water and opened his mouth to say, "Stollo knows you're alive."

His voice, just like I guessed, was deep and velvety. It matched with handsome, young face. I looked at Matteo and back at Adriano. Even though they were 9 years apart, Adriano being 22, you can tell they were related. They both were good-looking men with defined features. However, Adriano fits more of the stereotypical Italian mafia Man image: tall, pale, attractive with a strong jawline, blue eyes, jet black hair, and the infamous stone cold emotionless facial expression.

Matteo nodded, already understanding his cousin. "Right. We have to be careful."

I sat there wondering what point Adriano was trying to make.

Gratefully, Kianzo explained, "Yeah, he must know that since Il Bisbiglio hasn't gone crazy for his blood. If he's blaming us for the mysterious murders of his men and Matteo is still alive after Stollo tried killing him, he must be really pissed. Knowing Stollo, things are a bit too quiet."

Kianzo and Adriano were obviously close to each other if that's what Kianzo got from the four words that Adriano spoke. They really contrasted each other, Kianzo was not the silent type. He could ramble on and on if no one stopped him. We finished lunch around 4 and I parted ways with them. Kianzo, Matteo, and Adriano left the mafia house to go into the city to handle some business while I went to my office on the second floor.

My office, as usual, was empty. The mafia people knew how to take care of themselves and rarely got hurt. I took this time to call my brother.

"Hello?" My brother answered.

"Did you just wake up?" I assumed based on his voice and the confusion in it.

"Yeah."

"Emmet, it's 4 in the afternoon."

"I'm not used to the time difference."

"New York is only 3 hours ahead than California."

I heard some rustling in the background that I guessed it was him getting up from his bed.

"Why are you calling me? Are you at work?" He asked.

"Yeah, and I just wanted to check up on you. The spare key to my apartment is in my desk drawer if you're planning to go out." I said as I grabbed a pencil from my pencils and pens holder, twirling it.

"No. I'm going to stay in and think about how I want to approach your case."

"Emmet, can we talk about the case when I get home?"

"Sure. What time will you get back?"

"Marcella is letting me get off of work early. I'll be back at 8."

"Sounds good."

"Okay, bye."

"Buh-bye."

I need to think about how I'm going to approach my brother when I get back to my apartment tonight.

<~>
I forgot to tell you guys in the last chapter that I got my laptop fixed. I'm planning to update regularly as I did before, on Sundays.

Adriano and Kianzo are important for the next thing I'm working on 😉.

Please like, comment, share, and follow :)