Chapter One

I woke up, groaning, as a white hot pain rushed through my head.

"I cannot believe that girl!" I heard someone exclaim next to me. "To barge into the manor of a young gentleman - now, that is unacceptable!"

"Mm."

"She is a modern-world stalker! We should have kicked her out in the beginning!"

"She is still the prime minister's daughter, Bai Long. You cannot dare to offend her."

"But, Master - !"

"Shh. Look, she is waking."

With difficulty, I opened my eyes as the conversation stopped. Bright, blinding light shot through my corneas, and I lifted a weak arm to block it. My arm felt particularly heavy. When I dared to open my eyes again, I was surprised to see my thin, pale arm dressed in a thick silk sleeve. Not only that, but were my hands always this small?! The fingers were thin and delicate, like jade. I had picked up the hobby of playing the zither a few years ago, and they left my fingers blistered. It had been so long since I had felt such soft hands, ah!

"Miss Fei, are you up?" I looked over at a young, handsome man staring at me with irritation. He was dressed in cream scholar robes, embroidered with elegant bamboos in beige. His features were strong and firm, and his swordlike eyebrows crossed as he stared at me. More than anything, he seemed annoyed. I recognized his voice as him to be the one who was talking about a stalker.

For some reason I was seated on an extremely soft bed in a lavishly decorated room. Behind him sat a god-like man in a flowing white silk robe in front of a vanity. His long dark hair was let loose behind him, but I could accurately tell apart his gender by how sharp his features seemed. At the same time, he was beautiful enough to tear apart a nation! Between his eyebrows, like two strokes of a brush, sat a single painted red dot, which only added to his immortal beauty. He sipped his tea slowly, glancing at me once with the corner of his eyes indifferently. After that, he turned away. He must've been the other man's supposed master.

I sat up, groaning. Dizziness overtook me, and I almost fell again but I felt a swift hand grip my forearm and pull me back into a sitting position. My eyes widened, and I made eye contact with the man who had grabbed me. The beautiful godlike man glanced at me once again and turned away.

"Master!" The other man said, worrying. "Don't bother yourself with her!" He turned to send a sharp glare at me. I crossed my own eyebrows, confused. My head still rocked with pain, and then all of a sudden it was if a train had hit my mind. Memories flooded in like a large drill, sending extreme pain through my head.

This was an old empire of China. My name was Fei Hong, Prime Minister Fei's firstborn daughter to his proper wife. I was a spoiled, arrogant and overbearing young lady, drunk with my father spoiling me and my high status. I treated myself as a child, and not only that, I was in love with Bai Long, the man dressed in robes with bamboo embroidery. He was a well known scholar who practiced swordplay and was a beloved friend of the children of the Imperial family. Admired by the country, he was known for his virtue, strong and fair heart, and made the girls swoon. I had wanted him more than anything, and acted as an annoying and perverted stalker.

Even now, I blushed deep red, feeling embarrassed.

Not only that, he was also a disciple of the mysterious first prince, the oldest son of the Emperor conceived by the Empress. He was famous for being skilled in swordplay and an even more excellent scholar, but those were only rumors that drifted around. Nobody had ever actually seen him work. Looking at him now, I could see how he was regarded as high and lofty above the rest.

I blinked. The last thing I remembered, where I was me, was my younger sister pushing me off a building. I remember Zhang Young's expression, guilty but firm. I felt my heart scar over and grow cold, beating devoid of love. My first love had betrayed me. The pain ached, but as the seconds ticked by, it simply turned my heart harder. I pushed the loving feelings I once had for Zhang Young deep into the back of my heart, and locked it up. Feeling numb, I looked up at Bai Long and the first prince again. They still watched me with wary eyes as I promised myself to never love and give myself away again.