Chapter 15: In the Open

Começar do início

"You sure do find yourself in trouble with villains often, Midoriya my boy," All Might said as he appeared out of the darkness of the night.

Izuku gave an awkward chuckle at the statement; he did seem to have bad luck in this regard.

The pro hero was in his true form and walked up to pat his student's head as he said, "Well I'm glad to see you are safe. Sorry I wasn't there to save you, my boy." He then looked over at his detective friend and said, "I hope he was helpful with your investigation."

Tsukauchi replied with, "Midoriya-san's testimony does paint the picture that the League of Villians isn't exactly unified. Hopefully, we can find their headquarters soon so we can maybe take advantage of this opportunity."

As the adults chatted, Izuku's thought back to the events that occurred today. His plan worked, Fumikage and Kyoka were there talking to Tooru when he was done using the bathroom. Eventually, all the students that had agreed to show up had arrived and after some discussion split into separate groups based on what they needed to buy. Somehow Midoriya and Hagakure found themselves alone again. She laughed at their situation but said it would be best if they just caught up with separate groups.

About a minute after Tooru left, Izuku was approached by none other than Tomura Shigaraki. He had been told in detail of who he was by All Might at one of his earlier meetings with the pro hero. The man was wearing his all-black attire that the boy remembered from the last time they met but with a hoodie. The villain was able to get close to the hero on training by faking that he wanted an autograph because of seeing him during the Hero Festival. Before Midoriya knew it, he had a palm over his neck and was at the mercy of Shigaraki. The crazed leader kept his middle finger from touching the boy's neck, so as not to activate his disintegration quirk. He then threatened to kill Izuku and as many innocent bystanders as he could if the boy denied having a chat with him.

After agreeing to his demands the two sat down on a bench. Tomura then spoke of being irritated by the aftermath of Stain's rampage. The villain invasion of the U.A. and the releasing of the Nomu in Hosu that he did, paled in comparison to what the Hero Killer was able to accomplish in the sense of causing a movement amongst the people of Japan.

It surprised Midoriya that the two weren't truly working together but then again they probably only tolerated each other cause of somewhat similar goals.

Shigaraki then asked his captive what made him so different from Stain.

It took the boy a few moments, but Izuku answered that while he didn't accept what either had done, he could at least understand why the Hero Killer did what he did. Stain wanted a better society, one that wasn't policed by fake heroes that worked for the betterment of themselves than of the people they were supposed to serve. Midoriya knew that while most heroes did not act this way, he couldn't deny that the current system was flawed and did promote some pro heroes to act this way. The Hero Killer, however, saw a beacon in the current hero industry and it was All Might, the ideal true hero. It was something that the boy could agree with.

This revelation made Tomura finally realize it was All Might that was the source of his current troubles. Both Izuku and Stain were products of the number one hero, and his conviction to kill the pro hero was rejuvenated because of this thought.

Midoriya thanked the stars that Hagakure showed up at this point wondering what was going on. Shigaraki surprisingly let his captive go and apologized for not knowing that he had company. As Tooru went to help Izuku up, as he had fallen gasping for air after being let go, the villain started to make his way into the crowd. The successor to One for All asked what All for One wanted before Tomura could leave. The villain stated that he didn't care what his master wanted and instead threatened Midoriya with death the next time the two met.