Chapter 15: In the Open

Start from the beginning

"It's less about forgetting to mention something and more I was scared to ask," Midoriya said slowly. He had an idea what was wrong and was being hesitant because he felt it was his fault.

Hagakure shifted as she asked, "Is everything okay Izuku?"

Izuku looked down at his feet as he said, "I'm not sure. You aren't mad at me because of telling your parents what happened during our dates, are you?"

"Oh. That," Tooru replied before giving a long sigh. She remained quiet for a few seconds before she continued with, "It was kind of embarrassing. I hadn't told much to them because I know my dad would tease me about it and my mom would ask too many questions if I said everything in detail. But I'm not mad at you specifically; I was just frustrated a bit I guess. How could you tell?"

Midoriya tapped his chin as he explained, "Well you just seemed a bit down just before I left. And I didn't expect such a short hug from you. It just felt off to me."

Hagakure responded in a teasing voice as she asked, "Oh, were you expecting a nice kiss on the cheek from your lovely girlfriend? Does Izuku feel our farewells need to be more intimate from now on?"

Izuku turned a shade of crimson at this and groaned slightly. He felt her hand grasp his shoulder as Tooru got up to say, "It's okay to be selfish sometimes with me Izuku. If you wanted a kiss you just had to ask."

Midoriya slowly nodded as he said, "Okay, T-Tooru." That wasn't exactly what he had hoped for from discussing this but he couldn't argue that he somewhat liked her forwardness about it. His girlfriend shouldn't always be the one pushing the boundaries of their relationship, the boy hated to admit.

Hagakure stood up and then stated, "In the end, I think it was best that you told them. I think, your explanation won over my mom, cause she isn't asking a million questions about you anymore as she did before. Though my dad always seemed to be okay with you, which I really don't get why. Though as lazy as he is he might just not care enough to bother protesting our relationship."

Upon hearing this, Izuku remembered back to their dinner with his mom the weekend after they became a couple. How Tooru was surprised to learn that Inko had been very knowledgeable about their interactions when she tried to tease what they had done together. It did make sense now, as she had told so little to her parents. Midoriya was glad that Mr. Hagakure was so accepting of him. Otherwise, she might have never gotten permission to come over to his place as often as she did if it was instead up to just her mother. And going by what happened when he helped Mrs. Hagakure with the dishes, even she was okay with them dating now.

"That's good to hear," Izuku said as he brought his head back up.

"Well, it's almost time for everyone to show up. We probably shouldn't be seen here together if we wanna keep us a secret," Tooru explained as she looked at her phone she pulled out from her pocket.

Midoriya replied, "You're right." He thought a moment before continuing with, "I'll just go and find a bathroom nearby. Hopefully by the time I come back someone else from class will show up. If not, I'll keep my distance until someone does."

Hagakure then got up and gave her boyfriend a quick peck on his forehead. She then said, "Good idea. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun today even if we can't be together. See you in a bit."

Izuku was glad it a short kiss from his girlfriend. It probably didn't look as such to all the passing crowd. Otherwise, he might have fainted from embarrassment. As Midoriya wobbled his way to find a bathroom he could hear her giggling at catching him off his guard once again.

Midoriya walked out of the temporary investigation headquarters with Detective Tsukauchi just behind him. It had been a long day but what he saw in front of him as he left the building brought a smile to his face.