~Chapter 28~

Rei P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night to see Aizawa with sweat pouring off his face, I looked him over and gently pried the blanket off his sleeping form.

 He was clenching his pant leg so tightly I grew concerned, He was breathing heavily.

 "Aizawa" I shook him and he shot himself up surprising me, "Rei?" his voice was breathless, "Yes?" he shot me a frightened glare and grabbed onto me. 

As he pressed me against his chest I felt his heart beating at an alarming rate, "Are you okay?" I felt him clutch onto my back and grit his teeth. 

"This is real" he hissed to himself, I felt him push me away lightly and he got up, he was wearing sweatpants and that was it, he wiped his face and went into the bathroom. 

I heard the shower turn on and I slackened slightly, he must have had a nightmare of some kind, I waited a couple minutes before knocking on the bathroom door.

 "Are you okay?" I waited but there was no response, I opened the door and stood outside the shower, "Aizawa?" I heard him gasping heavily.

 Then I heard vomiting, I opened the curtain to see his naked form hunched over, wretching into the bottom of the tub, the ice-cold water dripping off him. 

"Oh god, Aizawa!" I turned off the water and put my hand on his back, he coughed and wiped his face. his hair fell into his face when he lifted himself up. 

"You're so cold" I felt a lump in my throat, "Tch" he looked away and grasped onto his stomach. "Does this happen often?" I pulled down a towel from the rack beside the shower, I put it on his head and gently began drying it. 

He gripped onto my wrist and the towel fell and I saw his bloodshot eyes, "It hasn't happened since we started dating" he let go of me and shakily stepped out of the shower. 

"So, why now?" I figured he didn't know the answer but asking could hurt, I handed him his sweatpants and he pulled them on before I hugged him. 

I felt how freezing his body was and I gripped onto his torso tighter, "I'm here" I felt his hand go through the back of my hair and I clenched my eyes shut. 

"I promise, I'm not going anywhere" I repeated and he scoffed pressing his cold lips to my forehead, that night we slept so close together we might as well have been one.

 He held onto me so tightly I thought I couldn't breathe, he finally fell asleep and I kissed his cheek before joining him.

It was Saturday so there was no school, I felt a paw hit my face several times and I opened my eyes to see shadows yellow ice scowling at me.

 "Sorry for sleeping in, Kitty" I scratched her head and sat up. I felt her fur and smirked at how glossy it felt, "Go wake up your dad" I whispered to her and she meowed whilst pouncing on Aizawa who opened one eye to give me a look of disdain.

 "Good morning" I beam while waving and he sits up and pets Shadow, "You had a rough night, do you feel any better?" He nods, "You were kind" And I blush and laugh, "Well yeah, I hate seeing you like that" I slapped his arm and stood up.

 "I have a lot of things planned for today, Happy birthday" I rummaged through the side table and handed him a box wrapped up. 

"I am so glad we have no school today" He traced his thumb on the blue wrapping paper, "Why?" I was a little confused, "So my students wouldn't scream happy birthday on the top of their lungs". 

I chuckled, "I'm sure present mic could out scream all of them" and he curved his lips in a smile, "You're right about that".

 I crossed my arms, "Open it" He ripped off the paper and pulled out a card and opened it to see a gift card for a hundred bucks. 

"What-" he began but I giggled, "Its a sleeping bag warehouse a couple miles off, makes the best sleeping bags.

 If you ever want another one or want to make yours bigger or whatever, you can" He opened his mouth to speak but I rolled my eyes, "Aizawa, there's like two more gifts in there" And he continued searching.

 He pulled out an eye drop container and gave me a wide-eyed look, "You were running low" I grinned and he mouthed the words "thank you" to which I replied with a laugh.

 The last gift was a picture of us that he had lost a while back, "I had it printed out again. And I even got a cute cat frame" I giddily held my face. 

"Thank you, Rei" He set the gifts down on the bed and he stood up to give me a kiss, I bit his lip when he moved away. "It's too early for that present" I winked and whispered in his ear "Go get ready, we're going for a drive".

 "It's too early for that present" I winked and whispered in his ear "Go get ready, we're going for a drive"