Chapter 13: I Can be Your Hero Baby.

It was a week after the accident, and Devin and I were at our local park, having a picnic. We lay on the red and white plaid blanket next to each other. His arm around was me, and my head was resting on his chest. We were cloud watching; one of the many things that I loved to do.

“That one looks like an elephant.” He said pointing up toward the sky, as the fluffy white cloud slowly passed.

“Hey, it does! But look at the one next to it. It’s shaped like a monkey with a wizard hat!”

We both giggled at our childish imaginations. We watched a few more clouds pass in silence, when I felt tiny droplets sprinkle across my body.

“I think it’s raining, I just felt a drop.”

“Yeah I felt one too.”

“Maybe we should head home?” I replied, concerned.

“Are you kidding? I won’t let a little rain spoil a wonderful day with my wonderful girlfriend.” He looked me straight in the eyes as he said it, making me blush.

“Alright, so what do we do then?” I asked curiously. He began to stand up as the rain got heavier. Soon enough he offered his hand to me.

“May I have this dance?” He said grinning, dimples showing proudly.

I laughed softly. “Yes you may.” I took his hand and he pulled me off the ground; sweeping me off my feet. He pulled me close. His hands were below my waist, and my arms around his shoulders. We danced back and forth.

“Wait, this isn’t right.” He said; a grinning tugging on his lips.

“What do you mean?” I asked worried. He turned around, and ran away. I was in shock. But then a few seconds later, his truck pulled up in the middle of the park. Suddenly, a song started playing from his stereo.

“Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

Would you run, and never look back?

Would you cry, if you saw me crying?

And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this

Now would you die, for the one you love?

Hold me in your arms, tonight

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

Would you swear, that you'll always be mine? Or would you lie?

Would you run and hide? Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?

I don't care you're here, tonight

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

Oh, I just wanna hold you

I just wanna hold you, oh yeah

Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind? Well I don't care you're here, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain, oh yeah

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

I can be your hero, I can kiss away the pain

And I will stand by you, forever

You can take my breath away”

           He walked toward me, but I ran toward him. I jumped up into his arms and kissed him. I felt the sparks fly as if love had finally found its way in to me. Love for him. He pulled away from me and looked me straight in the eyes.

“I love you Jade.”

“I love you too Devin.”

A smile found its way on both of our lips. And then we danced. My head rested on his shoulder, our bodies touching. After the rain stopped, and we were soaking wet, we packed up our picnic stuff, and got in his truck to drive home. He turned on the radio and I sang. He sang along with me and we both danced. We just had fun. He pulled up in my driveway, and I didn’t want to say goodbye. But sadly, I had to. He walked me to my front porch, and we kissed goodbye. And that was the end to one of the greatest nights ever.

*****************************************************************************

HI GUYS!!!!! :) I am sososososo sorry it's been so long since i updated, but i tried to make it long because i owe it to ALL of my fans! So i love you all, and thank you for sticking with me and reading Regret It(: I don't really know when it'll be done because i enjoy writing it so much! but again, thank you all! xx