Chapter 11: Blame Me.

AHHHHHHH CHAPTER ELEVEN ALREADY!?!?! thank you all sososo much for reading and sticking with me<3 you guys made it to the good part! well enjoy the chapter(: xx

************************************************************************************************************

       I spun around not even trying to contain the emotions running through me.  As soon as I saw those light green eyes open, I fell in love all over again.

“Did you hear all that?” I asked nervous and shy.

“Fortunately, yes.” Devin smiled revealing the dimples I was so madly in love with.  I walked over to his hospital bed and sat down next to it in a white plastic chair.

“Can I ask you something?” I looked up into his eyes.

“Yes.” He replied curiously.

“What happened?” I said with concern in my voice. His gaze shifted away from mine, and he stared at the ceiling. I already missed those eyes.

“I ran off the road. Once I heard that you and Matt were together, I went crazy, and drank away my problems… I sent you the text explaining all about Valerie but-” I cut him off.

“Wait, what text about Valerie?”

“The one where I said I broke up with her because I liked somebody else…”

“You what…?” I stared at him in disbelief. This whole thing was my fault.

“I broke up with Valerie Jade, because I am in love with you. Valerie still won’t let me go and continues to send me lovable texts, but I never reply.”

“Devin, I dated Matt to make you jealous… I was totally and completely jealous of Valerie, because I’ve had feelings for you since day one…This is all my fault!” Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized I should have been the one in that hospital bed. Devin looked me in the eyes and said; “Jade, I will do anything for you to be mine, even if it means being in the condition I’m in now. The only thing you’re faulty of is make me fall utterly and completely head-over-heels in love with a girl named Jade Auburn Montez.”

A faint smile crept upon my lips, making its way into a huge grin. My heart was content. Before notion of what I was doing, I leaned over and kissed him. It lasted for about a minute and it was the greatest minute ever, until we heard  nurse’s footsteps heading toward our room. We both pulled away instantly as a short chubby blonde nurse walked in to make sure Devin was doing okay. She was followed by a doctor that was happy to know Devin was awoken from his coma. Devin had suffered mild skull damage, but it was only a minor dent by the ear. Devin would be let out of the hospital in two days. Both the nurse and doctor exited. Devin smiled at me, his eyes slowly closing.

“I wish I could stay awake and talk to you Jade, but I’m so tired.” He said; he voice drifting quieter and quieter.

“You can sleep, I’ll be here.” I grabbed his hand and he smiled with his eyes closed.

“Please, stay.” He whispered before drifting off. I never wanted to let go of his hand, and I never did.