Chapter 2: I couldn't be more broken.

My face felt like it was on fire. My heart split and my mind was blown. How could they both do this to me? Jordan was my best friend, and Eric told me everything! This wasn’t happening.

 “Jade, this is not what it looks like!” she blurted out quickly.

“Yes Jordan, this is exactly what it looks like!! How could you both do this to me?!”

I stomped out of the backdoor furiously, on my way home. I didn’t have anyone to talk to. Jordan and Eric both betrayed me, and they were currently my only friends… I remembered school earlier today and reached down into my pocket. Sure enough Devin’s phone number was still written on a crumpled strip of blue paper. I grabbed my phone and added his contact.

To Devin:

Hey

Sent 3:10pm

I wanted an explanation, and I wanted it now. I figured Devin knew, after all he did say sorry about Eric. I mean seriously, everyone probably knew, except me. Suddenly ideas started popping into my head, and they were brilliant. He replied in an instant.

From Devin:

Hey! What’s up?

Received 3:01pm

How should I put this, I knew what I needed to do, but I needed help.

To Devin:

Just got my heart broken. I know we don’t really know each other, but you said you would help me, so I need help.

Sent 3:05pm

From Devin:

I’m sorry Jade, and sure what do you need?

Received 3:08pm

To Devin:

I have a plan.

Sent 3:10pm

**************************************************************

What do you think the plan is? Will Devin help?? Comment and let me know what you think!! Thanks for reading my second chapter! <3