Chapter 3: The Plan Proposal.

From Devin:

Okay, do tell.

Received 3:12pm

To Devin:

Can you meet me at Starbucks or something? 

Sent 3:15pm

What was I doing? He barely knew me… but he seemed nice, and I definitely needed some friends to help me out.

From Devin:

Sure, be there in five.

Received 3:17pm

My house was really close to Starbucks, and I could walk there in about 3 minutes. But suddenly an odd feeling stirred inside of me. I was nervous. Why was I nervous? I don’t even have feelings for Devin. I started to think of how I was going to tell this to him, without it being awkward.

I walked in to Starbucks, only to discover my growing nervousness was more intense. Devin was seated in a small booth for two. I waved hi, and he just smiled. He had a cute smile.

“Hey Jade! I got us a booth, if you don’t like booths we don’t have to sit in one, because there are chairs over there and—“ he stopped mid-sentence. With all of his rambling I felt like he was nervous too…

“Oh no, booths are fine for me” I smiled politely.

“Alrighty then, so are you going to get anything to drink?” He smiled again; showing his cute dimples clearly.

“I’m gonna get a mocha frappuccino, how about you?”

“Oh just a black coffee, it’s my usual.” He replied.

Black coffee? Yuck. We waited in line, and when we ordered he insisted on paying for me. I don’t know why though, we weren’t on a date. After we got our coffee, we sat back down in our small booth, as I prepared to tell him what my plan was.

“So what is this master-plan you’re dreaming of?” he joked.

“Ha-ha very funny. I’m not in a laughing mood sorry.” I replied; sounding harsh.

“Why? What happened?” His mood became less happy.

“Well my boyfriend cheated on me, with my best friend.” I said solemnly.

“Oh my god Jade, I’m so sorry.” He lightly touched my arm, sending chills up my spine.

“That’s actually what the plan was about. I want to make him regret ever messing with me, and I’ll do whatever it takes. I’m just going to need some help, and that’s why I called you.”

“I will definitely help you, Jade.” His light green eyes stared into mine, and my heart started racing. I loved the way he said my name, but I didn’t have feelings for him, which made me wonder why I was acting this way.

“Well, first things first, if we really want to make him jealous and regret this, we’re probably going to have to hang out a lot, and talk a lot. If you’re okay with that.” I said grinning.

“I am totally okay with that.” He said laughing.

For the rest of the time at Starbucks, we just had a normal conversation. Which included a lot of laughing… I was smiling inside. He really knew how to make people feel better. But my heart was still hanging over the fact that my best friend and boyfriend would do this to me. I left Starbucks and I almost forgot that I hadn’t actually officially broken up with Eric…even though it would be crazy to get back together after what happened. I changed his contact name, and sent him a text. 

To Eric >:( :

Oh, and by the way, we’re over.

Sent 5:12pm

*****************************************************************

What do you think Devin and Jade will do? How will Eric react to the break up?!