11 || Butterflies, Mythology and Evil Plans

Clarke's POV

Clarke was leaning on the window staring at the big, heavy clouds in the sky with her thermos cuddled to her chest. She had taken the night shift so that she could be there, in Octavia's Land Rover heading to IKEA; so she had only slept two hours and thirty-seven minutes. That was what her life had come to now; counting every single minute of sleep she had. She absently sipped her mocha while she tried to stay awake.

"Ugh, looks like it's going to come pouring" Octavia huffed from the driving seat.

Her friend had asked her if she was down for a trip to the department store to buy stuff for when the boys would be back. A couple of weeks after Octavia had moved to London, in the band's apartment, a water pipe had broken while she was at work, ruining most of the furniture, and she hadn't had time to go and replace it until then.

"I'm sorry I dragged you with me.." Octavia apologised glancing her way.

Clarke interrupted her reverie to quickly turn to her "No O! I'm happy to be here!"

Octavia gave her sceptical look "You look tired.."

She leaned back on her seat and sighed "That's because I am, I've been at the hospital the whole day yesterday and night, I barely slept three hours." 

Since she had gone back to the trainee program she had had barely time to do anything but eat and sleep. Clarke practically lived in there, between work and her father. The only reasons that took her out were having lunch with Raven and sleeping at home- that under her mother's insistence if it was up to her, she'd probably pass out in a random storage room of the hospital-.

"Okay, now I'm even more convinced that I shouldn't have called you.." Octavia pouted adorably

Clarke gave her a pointed look "I took the night shift so that I could be here O."

Since the moment Octavia had called her, she had been moving her schedule around so that she could be free that day without feeling too guilty. She had done it more than happily, Octavia was great company, and it had been a while since the day she last saw her after she set up that first call with Bellamy. She had missed her. Plus, they were going to buy stuff for the boys- Bellamy- hell if she was going to pass that chance.. ugh.. could her crush be more pathetic?

Octavia blinked "Oh?" then a smile started to spread on her lips, a knowing glint in her eyes when she turned her whole upper body to her stopping at a traffic light "Is that so, huh?"

Clarke felt her face warm up and mumbled: "Yeah, so?"

"Was it because you actually missed my awesome company, or because you couldn't miss the chance to go buy something for famous band members aka my brother?" 

Oh, God. Is she psychic or something? It's like she read her mind dammit.

By then Clarke's face had turned to a whole new shade of red and pointedly avoided looking Octavia's way, aggressively staring at the lid of her thermos.

Her friend, of course, cackled not making it easier for her at all. "Aww, it's adorable really. I love it. It just perfect." Octavia's grin didn't falter as she turned back to drive "Don't worry, you're secret's safe with me.."

Clarke looked at her then.

Octavia made a face "Sort of.." Clarke hit her arm and the other girl chided "Oi, driving here!"

It was an innocent chide, and Octavia had used a playful tone. But that didn't stop Clarke's blood to turn cold as memories of the accident filled her eyes. She even heard the song playing. Her breath started to come out in puffs, her heart pounding so hard she thought it would actually burst out from her chest that was tightening around it; she knew what this was, she was more than familiar with these panic attacks, even more now, after that day. She desperately searched for something to focus on, something stable-