-49- It's a way to Teach you; how to Fight.

Niryou has had enough of underestimating his opponents

Without missing another beat, he glowered-- a sort of bloodlust sharply holding its own against the boy's call for death.

The boy sensed the danger, and it seemed his systematic respond was to go straight for the kill.

Niryou felt the wires squeezed right through his neck, cutting through flesh almost too easily-- sliding through bone as if they were paper.

Almost as if this wasn't flesh Cross was cutting into.

The realisation flaring in him, Cross swung his hands to either side of the man, reaching for his blade, clawing them right out of the wall-- and leaped back.

With a grunt in lost opportunity, Niryou scattered into pieces of white, slabs of paper spilling from where he stood, his figure breaking and flowing in the wind, dancing in a million pieces before crafting once again its initial human form.

"A disgusting fruit eater," Cross pouted, almost disappointed.

"The fruit was disgusting, not me!" Niryou snapped at the choice of words, "I thought Devil Fruits were rare in the Four Blues, but to think a child like you knows of them..."

"So what are you?" Cross interrupted.

"Tch, tch," Niryou shook his finger, reaching for his sword at his side, "I'll have you know-- when it comes to being a Devil Fruit Eater, one important thing they must do is keep their abilities a secret. The element of surprise is an important factor in battles, after all."

Cross nodded, taking in the information, "so it's kinda like an assassination."

"Well, if you put it that way, many things are. So, what'll it be?" Niryou had two swords, and both palms circled on one hilt-- "will we be fighting, or will you be leaving?"

Cross' eyes narrowed, and his hands unwound the red wires that swirled around his arm.

"You," Cross mumbled, "will be dying."

"I thought you weren't supposed to kill me?" Niryou challenged immediately, "you're one rude little brat, huh? Haven't your guardians taught you not to just kill everyone you see?"