-6- Never leave your child Alone; with a Weirdo.

"Quit it, that's MY hat!"

Cross the idiot young child was usually a bright and innocent one. Perhaps, it was not evident to many around, but he was in fact eighteen. And yet, he persists to behave like a twelve year old.

The blond occupant of the adjacent boat was wrestling with him, as if they were both of the same mental understanding. 

And what they seemed to fought over was a brown cowboy hat. The whole thing was a rich oak brown, made of a material that resembled a kind of felt-- and a golden rim decorated the crown.

"But it's so cool!" Cross argued, "Lemme see iittt!"

"Not in a lifetime! You're gonna pry the plate off of it, definitely!" The blond yelled back, holding the hat an arm's length away from the child.

"But it's gold!"

"It's fake gold and it's mine!"

"Leer would love it!"

"Who the hell is Leer-- what does that have to do with me?!?"

With a sigh, Takara stepped into the scene. An arm reaching down and grabbing the child by the hood, Cross was lifted up easily and thrown over Takara's shoulder.

"Hu-wa-wha-wai," Cross freaked out from the sudden movement, "Takaraa??"

"Yep, looks like my kid here cause you some trouble, sorry bout that," he addressed the man. 

Titus and Takara found their eyes meeting-- and for a very long moment, neither seemed to know what to say. Something was just very awkward about it-- was Titus supposed to respond like an adult here? Or was he to feel bashful for his prior childishness?

"Huh--no, not at all! I'm the one that riled him up." Titus denied quickly, "I think we were both half-serious regardless, it's not any trouble."

Takara put on a polite smile, "That's a relief."

Reaching out a hand, the redhead helped the blond to his feet. The two did not break eye contact-- and both felt it was strange. It was awkward-- but something was just...

"Hey, have the two of us..." Takara started hesitantly, "met before, by any chance?"

"Was that a pick up line?" Titus, immediately looking away, chortled, "just kidding, I think so too but nothing's ringing the right bell. My name's Titus, nice meeting you."

Takara, laughing at the breakup of tension. "Call me Takara, the pleasure's mine." 

"Takara, put me down!" Cross whined from his back. "Leer's eating my hair!"

As if remembering the boy's presence on his back. Takara let him down. Cross, landing on the ground, began to pry the bear off his head. "Slober! Leer, I'm not food!"

Takara could only sigh at the sight.

Cross beamed, holding Leer in his hands as if it were a doll, "This is Leer! He's about two months old now!"

The bear 'Gao!'ed enthusiastically in response.

Titus waved back, "Hi, Leer."

"Right!" Cross perked up suddenly, "Titus, if you're going to the next island, wanna follow us?"