-8- Don't Trust an Idiot; when talking to Marines.

"We're pirates!"

"We're pirates!"

One day, Takara reminded himself, one day, I will find it in myself to slap Cross across the face. One day, but I think that day will have to wait.

Takara was sleeping soundly in the cabin at night. The taxing night watch was left to Cross and Leer-- and for some reason they never changed shifts, so Cross probably slept through half of it too. Titus? Well, maybe he was awake, Takara didn't know.

When he woke up in the morning, he readied a lecture for leaving a boat defenseless through the night-- but he didn't have time for that.

"And Leer here's reaally good at stealing money and stuff! We kinda got into super big trouble for stealing so we ran away from an island after setting it on fire and watching it buuurnn!"

Look, if Cross was talking like that to Titus it would be one thing.

But nope, Takara didn't want to know who Cross was talking to. 

"Cross, what's a bloody Navy battleship doing right BESIDE our fucking boat!!" he screamed, rounding to the other side of the cabin in three hard steps-- his stomach dropped in dread at the sight of Cross speaking with an older man perched by the side of the boat-- 

"AND OF COURSE you're talking to the Marine Captain!!" 

In despair he fell to his knees, comically ending up in an ironic OTL. Cross, hearing the voice, perked up and waved at him with a goofy grin.

"Takara, you're awake! Good morning! I was talking with cool bird guy here about our adventures and--"

Cross' hood was down, the idiot, and Leer was hung by his shoulder. Leer seemed angry, growls and hisses escaping his throat as he endeavored the intruder.

The intruder-- a man, perhaps Takara's age-- tall, he wasn't particularly muscly or anything-- in contrast he was quite thin for a Marine Captain. A head of black hair brushed back with thick gel-- a bullet scar stood out stark at the back of his palm. 

The Captain's coat hung over his shoulders, and he perched over the front of the boat-- in a position that wasn't going to alter the weight of the boat too drastically.

"Yo," the Marine Captain greeted, "I'm Captain Russo, as you can see, I'm a Marine and that's my ship." he beckoned to the humongous navy ship behind him.

"He turned into a white bird and flew over here then changed back into a human, Takara, how cool is that!" Cross cheered, "I'm not lying, he really did!"

Takara, a fist clenched, held his breath. This wasn't good.

He could easily play off the pirate part as a joke by a mentally stunted brat-- but mentally stunted brats don't tell such lies as descriptive as setting an island on fire and running away.

Takara gulped. 

"Hey, Mr Takara was it?" Captain Russo smirked, his lips pulling with a mischievous glint, "Your pal here was telling me a super interesting story. Mind if I hear something more?" 

The familiar clang of metal trinkets sent shivers down Takara's metal spine. A silver gleam hooked over Cross' hand before he could react. 

"Huh?" Cross barely responded as he took in the fact that he had been literally handcuffed by a Marine Captain-- "Oh, oops."

Takara couldn't resist the facepalm.

"Of course," Captain Russo's face fell into a glower, holding up another pair of metal handcuffs, "we'll be talking up on my ship, with you behind bars."