Chapter 9

Okay, let's start this with I'm going through my emails and I open a notification with a comment from one of you guys, so I start reading the highlighted section. It wasn't until I hit the third sentence did I realize it wasn't the comment but the paragraph that was commented on. That shows how much I pay attention to what I'm writing.

And... WE HIT 5,000 READS!!! YOU GUYS ARE INSANE, THANK YOU!!!

Recently a lot of things have been happening in my life, both good and bad. So writing for me was hard, I wanted to focus on myself and my life and not have to worry about the book. I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long.

Also, you guys hit fifty reads on 'Choice' within the first fifteen hours of having it up, I think you guys are just insane. I still can't fathom why you read this every time it's updated but thank you. Let's try to beat that record and get this chap up to 50 in 14 hours, deal?

Now then let's get this chapter started.

Baekhyun

We had lunch at the cafe, chicken and hot chocolate, weird combination but it was delicious. While eating we conversed quietly, talking about this and that, nothing very important but it was nice. I learned some things about him like he is 24 and along with managing the pack he also helps train all their warriors.

His pack is the biggest in all of North America with well over one hundred members, though his most trusted men are Kai, Chen, and a vampire named Jungkook who isn't in the pack but he visits often and helps out if need be.

After we finished eating we said goodbye to Chan and Jeongin. We got into Chanyeol's car and he began driving us back to his pack. When we got there I immediately headed for Taehyung's room, ready to tell him everything and he giggled and awed at our afternoon.

A few days later Chanyeol asked me to accompany him to a meeting with some of the higher-ups in the pack. When we entered the room Chanyeol led me to the head of the table him taking a seat and pulling me into his lap. I flushed red and turned to hide my face away from prying eyes. Once I calmed down Chan began introductions.

"I believe you've met most of the people in here," He said before gesturing to Kai, "This is Jongin also known as Kai, call him whichever he's my beta. Next is Jpngdae, he is my lead warrior and his mate Xiumin who helps lead the warriors alongside him." He then points at a man I've yet to meet.

"This is Kris he is my third in command, my gamma if you will. If Kai nor I are able to take care of something he will." The brown-haired man smiled politely at me, "Now then where is J-"

Chanyeol was cut off by the door slamming open, I jumped at the loud noise, cowering into Chanyeol. He wrapped his arms tightly around me for comfort. The man was tall, much taller than me but that wasn't uncommon, he had raven black hair and piercing blue eyes. He was breathtakingly beautiful, though there was an intimidating aura surrounding him and when his blue eyes locked with my own I was frozen in my spot. "Who's the omega Chanyeol?"

I flinched at the tone he used, it was almost accusing. "I was getting there, Baekhyun this is Jungkook. I mentioned him to you at our lunch date earlier this week. Jungkook, this is Baekhyun my mate and the luna of this pack." Nodded and sat down, not saying a word for the rest of the meeting.

After Chanyeol called the meeting to a close everyone filed out, Jungkook waiting for Chan and I. Once the room was clear he walked over to us, he held out a hand for me to shake, I place my hand in his, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Luna, I hope you will lead this pack well alongside Chanyeol." I smiled at him, maybe he isn't as bad as he looks.

Chan and I walked Jungkook to the front exit and just as he was about to leave his eyes turned blood red. In a flash he was gone, disappearing up the stairs not even seconds later there was a familiar scream. "Tae!"

We rushed in the direction of the shout only to nearly run down by Taehyung who was sprinting off in the opposite direction, Jungkook following. We only stopped when they did. Jungkook had Tae pinned against a wall in the foyer, "Why did you run little mate?" Jungkook growled.

Chanyeol and I looked at each other wide-eyed, "Mate?!"

Thank you for reading, I know it's short but it's at least good, right? I hope you guys are having a good day.

Like and comment!
Lots of Love~ Baekkie❤