Chapter 6

Everyone name their favorite animal. If I get 10 animals from 10 different people I'll update early, so... that's a simple request for something awesome right (yes I'm calling this awesome, deal with it)??

Also a bit of free advertising, but there's this hella good book, 'Love on the Streets,' by llegALLYblonde . It's so good, seriously it deserves so much more attention. Like jesus (my editing tool doesn't agree with the fact that I didn't capitalize jesus), it's unfair that only 20ish people have read it. Please go look at it, they haven't asked me to do this nor do they know I am, I just think they deserve attention for their amazing work. Yes, I've already mentioned it in an A/N but most people don't read those so I'm saying it again.

Anddddd... (I know I have a lot to say, shh) we hit 2k reads!!! That's amazing, thank you, each and every one of you helped this story get here!

Chanyeol

It's been a week since I've seen the soft omega, my wolf was restless. I was constantly in a bad mood, but wouldn't you be too if you were kept from the one you felt strongly about? I just wish he wasn't so terrified of me.

As soon as he and Taehyung were done he went right back into his shell, clinging to the younger. That's where we currently are, Baekhyun hiding in Tae's room, avoiding me. Of course, I don't blame him, he went through a major traumatic event, but you'd think he could trust me.

His mate.

I would give my life to save him, he was just too scared to see that. I wanted to give him his space, I really did, but I couldn't handle the silent treatment, not any longer. That's how I found my self, stood in front of Taehyung's bedroom door, questioning if this was the right choice. I'm gonna scare the boy for sure, but it's worth it. I think. Taking a deep breath I mustered up the courage to knock on the door. A sound was heard, a rustling of sheets, then a soft 'coming' before the lock clicked and the door opened.

Baekhyun stood frozen, a look of shock and horror painted across his face. His mouth slightly agape, eyes wide, "What are you doing here?" His voice trembled, his fear of me obvious, he backed away from the door slowly, then sprinted to the en-suite, locking the door before I could open it. I sighed loudly, sitting with my back to the door.

"I'm not going to hurt you little one, I just want to talk," I said softly listening for a response through the door. There was no sound, "I know you've gone through a lot, but I promise I won't do anything to you. No one in this pack will, we respect our omegas, you won't be in any danger. I'm your mate, I just want what's best for you." I laid my head against the door, listening for something, anything. It was at least a minute before I heard the door unlock. He slowly opened it, peaking out.

"I'm safe here?" He was visibly shaking, I could see how scared he truly was. I wanted to hug him tightly but due to his obvious fear of alphas, or people in general, I thought better and simply smiled at him and nodded. He slowly stepped out, on cautious footing.

It happened all too quickly, the rapid patter of feet before something-someone-thrust its self into my stomach. I was nearly flung onto the floor with the amount of sheer force, the second before we toppled over I caught my balance and held him tight. My precious mate was in my arms, I never felt so happy before. I buried my face in his hair, inhaling deeply, he smelt delicious, like strawberries and something else, something homey. I could drown in his scent.

"Thank you," It was quiet, but I heard him clearly. I felt wetness begin to seep into my shirt, from what I can only think are tears. I pulled his body from mine and bent to look at his face, tears streaming down it. I wiped them away with my thumb, smiling softly at him. "I won't let anyone hurt you again."

He smiled tiredly, nodding, "okay." I guided him to the bed, helping him up and tucking him in, he may be okay with me to some extent but I'm not going to push his limits. I ran my fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp softly. He hummed, leaning into my hand.

I sat there, even after he fell asleep, just playing with his hair. Enjoying the pleasurable tingles flowing through my arm. For the first time since I met him, he looked at peace. His eyelashes resting delicately on his cheekbones, lips parted ever so slightly. He looked so tiny in the giant bed, fit for an alpha's size, not the small frame of an omega. Granted there are two omegas sleeping in the bed, but I don't doubt they'd fit fine in a twin bed.

I didn't leave the room that night until Taehyung came in and usher me out. It was nearly midnight before he did so, and I left, leaving a soft kiss on Baekhyun's crown and a quiet 'goodnight angel.' Shutting the door quietly behind me, smiling to myself as I slowly walked to my bedroom. That night, I had one of the best night's rests I've ever had, just the thought of knowing I had a chance to be the alpha he deserved put my heart to rest for that night.

The next morning I woke up slightly later than usual, it was nearly eight before I was dressed and ready for breakfast. It was good timing too. As soon as I sat down and began to tuck into my food, my little mate walked through the door. A smile gracing his face as he talked to Tae. He was so soft, nothing about him was rough or rugged, from the roundness of his cheeks to the curve of his thick thighs, he was just so, pretty.

I only snapped out of my daze when I felt something smack my arm, and that something was a rolled up newspaper. The one holding the offending item, Kim Jongin, my second in command. "Wipe your mouth lover boy, you're drooling." I wanted the smack the smirk right off his face. Rolling my eyes I flipped him the bird, only to be hit on the back of the head by none other than Do Kyungsoo, Jongin's mate. The little man was a demon at best. If you were on his good side, you'd only get harsh comments, and occasional bruises, get on his bad side and well, I'll keep you in my prayers.

One of his favorite mottos is, "No one can be mean to my mate except me," and he sticks to that. If anyone is mean to Jongin, Kyungsoo sets them straight, and I can't tell you how many times I've avoided scolding Jongin, just to avoid a beating from Kyungsoo.

However, no matter how much he dislikes me, something that makes me smile is the fact that he's seemed to take a liking to Baekhyun. With his protection, I don't ever have to worry about not being at his side, if anything happens Kyung will be there.

I smiled looking at him as he greeted Baekhyun, the boy waving back. He sat next to Taehyung, curled up slightly into his side.

Today was gonna be a good day, I can feel it.

So I've redone the ending, I wasn't happy with it, sorry if you liked it.

Lot's of love~Baekkie❤