Chapter 7

So, I redid the ending of the last chapter. I wasn't happy with how it was, go look if you want, it was a slight change though so it doesn't really matter.

I've changed my mind about the agreement to update, once the chapter reaches 50 views I begin work on the next chapter. However, that doesn't mean you should stop commenting, if I get 10 different people to comment before 50 views are reached, I'll begin work early. Sounds like a fair deal, right? So the question for you to answer is what do you think my gender is, most people I meet online get confused about me when we talk, can any of you tell what I am? (Comment, then you'll get an update out of it, just saying )

I will also start dedicating chapters, there are a few readers who have been here from the beginning and I recognize their username every time they like a chapter. That will help me show my gratitude towards my readers for all the support, so if you keep commenting and voting a chapter could be dedicated to you. Even if I don't respond to your comment, know I read each and every one.

Now then let's get on with the chapter.

Baekhyun

I could feel Chanyeol looking at me, it felt as though his eyes were burning straight through my skull. My eyes, however, stayed locked on my plate, never looking up.

Looking any alpha in the eyes is a sign of disrespect, especially the Head Alpha. Even though he told us we are safe here I don't believe him for a second. People lie every day, what makes him different? I don't think Tae understands that we can't just trust them, he thinks that there's no chance of them being like our old pack, he's just too trusting. I have enough common sense for the both of us.

There are some good things about this place though, one being Kyungsoo. He was a kind man, the omega inserted himself into Tae and I's tight-knit friendship, more so he was motherly to us. He was my elder by five years, Tae's by six, but he was kind, true to the motherly omega stereotype. That being said, this behavior was only shown to us, he seemed to dislike Chanyeol.

He was always scolding or beating him, the first time I saw Kyungsoo smack Chanyeol on the arm I physically pulled him away. So scared that my new friend was to be punished for his action. However, I was shocked to see Chanyeol bow his head in respect to the short male, no signs of anger being shown. At moments like that, I rethink my analysis of the alpha. Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the kind of person I fear him to be. Then I remember alphas are lying machines, they'll tell you-'you're safe,' or 'I'll never hurt you.' It's all an act, they just want you to trust them then beat you to the ground. It's a sick thing, but so many alphas-well almost all I've ever met have done it to me.

From my dad to Taehyung's, all alpha roll models have turned their backs on me, leaving me to be beaten and abused. Now maybe I'm wrong for thinking Chanyeol is like them, I shouldn't assume, however much like an abused dog who's scared of people, I don't put myself at risk. Even if a gentle hand is reaching out to pet me.

So that brings us back to breakfast, Chanyeol trying to raise my head with the force, me trying to curl up and disappear, and everyone else pretending like there isn't a giant amount of tension in the room. Eventually, it gets to be too much for the man though because he suddenly stands and leaves, no word of explanation. Everyone pauses as he storms out, then the conversation continues as normal, no one saying a word, which drives me crazy.

Though I'm not fond of the man, he's my mate. I care for him regardless of how much I don't want to, so I also leave the table. I follow his scent to his office, this is a mistake, I know I'm going to regret this but someone needs to check on him. I gather all my courage and knock.

"Come in," the deep bass of his voice vibrates every cell in my body, 'it's the mate pull' I tell myself, opening the door. He doesn't look up, I doubt he needs to, "How can I help you Baekhyun?" There was no warmth in his voice, no sweet nickname, I knew it'd end eventually.

Once again I take a deep breath, I can do this. "Are you... Are you okay Alpha?" My voice trembles slightly, but I'm proud I didn't stutter. Sighing deeply he finally looks up at me. His eyes held irritation.

"Do you think I'm okay? Not being able to touch my mate, my mate refuses to have anything to do with me, Does that sound okay?" His voice is flat, no emotion on his face or in his eyes. "I understand you were hurt Baekhyun, I do, but you refuse to believe that I'm not going to hurt you. Every time I think we're making progress you disappear again. Last night I had you in my arms, now I don't think you even want to be in this room. I can't keep heading in this unknown direction, I need my mate. So either accept me or reject me, but I can't keep going with things the way they are."

I froze, he was giving me a choice, accept or reject him. Our fate was put into my-the little omega's hands. Should I accept him?

Or reject him...

It's a little shorter than normal, but I really like how I ended this chapter.

Don't forget to Comment & Vote!

Lots of Love~Baekkie