“Let’s get to breakfast,” I ordered, pulling him with me. “Bye guys!”

The other three called their bye’s, but didn’t look away from the TV. Simon yawned and looked sideways at me. “Did you have to get me this early? I thought you liked to sleep in?”

“I love to sleep in. But something woke me up.”

“What did?”

On our way to breakfast, I filled him in on everything that had happened that morning. I didn’t have the bracelet with me, but I guessed Simon had enough imagination to visualize it. It wasn’t as if it was something unique. While I talked to him, I realized I hadn’t considered he might have given it to me. I still didn’t think that was the case – he didn’t seem like the kind of guy who bought gifts for girls he just met. Besides, why would he give me anything?

“And you really don’t know who gave it to you?” Simon asked thoughtfully. “Maybe Paulie knows more than she said… She knew who she was supposed to give it to after all.”

“Yes… but I thought she was honest…”

“Well, I’m clueless.” He filled his plate with all kinds of food, handed me a banana and guided me to our table at the back of the cafeteria.

Most students gaped at us, as we were dressed exceptionally well for a Sunday. And like Sam had said earlier, there actually were a lot of orange flip flops today. Strange.

I was just taking a bite out of my banana – my favorite kind of fruit – when I felt someone’s hot breath tingling on my neck. I almost jumped a mile in the air when I felt a pair of soft, wet lips being pressed against my earlobe.

“Look who’s looking all tempting and hot…” The whispered compliment made my hair stand up on end and my heartbeat speed up quite a bit. “Are you setting yourself apart on purpose?”

“Good morning, Eros,” I said lightly, trying not to sound too shaken by his close proximity.

“Good morning indeed,” he agreed, nibbling my earlobe. “You look dashing.” 

“Thanks. Would you mind taking a step back?” I edged slightly away from him, but he just leaned in some more.

“And why would you want me to that?” His voice was light and teasing, but I felt something else under the surface… Something I couldn’t quite put my finger on. “Do I affect you so much?”

“Yes, you do,” I confessed, sighing deeply. “You affect me in ways no one else ever has.”

Simon raised his eyebrows at me, while Eros asked huskily: “I do?”

“Yes, you sure do. No one has ever been able to keep me from eating my banana,” I teased, pushing him away with one hand, keeping a firm grip on my piece of fruit with the other.

Eros chuckled. “Well, if you like banana’s, we could make an appointment to meet later, cause I’ve a wonderful one to show you…”

“Isn’t it a bit early for sex-jokes?” I asked lightly. “Please, may I resume eating?”

I grinned, but it was slightly forced – which I figured was because of the way my heart was beating in my throat now. “I have no intention of biting your banana, Eros. Now please leave.”

“Did I hear those last words correctly?” A perky voice asked.

“I think you did, sis,” an equally revved up voice replied.

“So she really just told Eric she has no intent to bite his banana?”

“She sure did, sis.”

“Why on earth would anyone say such a thing?”

“Who doesn’t want to bite Eric’s banana?” Simon and I rolled our eyes at each other at this particular remark.

“Who would call it his banana? It’s so…”

“Is unappealing the word you are looking for, sis?”

“It sure is, twin.”

“Ah, the twin sisters show up at the most convenient time, as always,” Eros greeted them, smiling brightly. “Angie, Georgia, looking lovely as always.”

“We still taste good, too,” Angie proposed, flopping her hair over her shoulder.

“Today, we might even allow you a free taste,” Georgia added, winking. 

“But it’s a one time only kind of thing,” they said in unison. “Make up your mind, boy.”

“I think I’ll skip this time.” He said, licking his lips. “Maybe later. Right now, I have to take a bite out of Demona’s beloved banana to find out why she likes it better than mine.”

“You’re horrible,” I told him. “Sit down, eat and act like someone without serious brain damage, or go and irritate someone else.”

“Enjoy your breakfast then,” he bowed low and winked at me. “I’ll catch up with you later, Demona. See you… well, when you are wherever Demona is, fairy boy.” He and Simon locked eyes for a moment, fire practically shooting across the table from the intensity of their very hateful stares. “Come on, ladies, let’s get some rare steak.”

When he took off, Simon rolled his eyes at me. “Could he be more obnoxious?”

“Could I be craving this banana any more?” I asked, taking a bite at last.

“Even after his stupid jokes?”

“No one can make me hate a banana. They didn’t do anything wrong except maybe being shaped like… well, a man’s banana.”

Simon chuckled. “Could we stop talking about banana’s – it’s freaking me out. Seriously.”

“Don’t hate the banana.” I finished it then, and threw what was left at Simon. “There – that’s for picking on my banana.”

“We don’t tolerate throwing food around here, Miss Hollow.” A deep voice sounded behind me. “I’d like to see you in detention on Monday evening.”

I turned around, staring at the huge man behind me. Simon whispered softly that he was a Science teacher, but I couldn’t see how that would help. “Erm – well – okay…”

“Monday, room 101, seven o’clock.” The man turned away from me. “Don’t be late,” he warned before taking off. 

“Oh, crap,” I said, hiding my face in my hands. “Detention.”

“You’ll survive,” Simon promised. “It’s not that bad.”

“Were you ever in detention?” I asked, slightly irritated.

Simon was quiet for a minute. “Well, no, but…”

“Then shut up.”

“Cranky much?” He asked, chuckling slightly. “Figured nothing would be able to get you down after that delicious banana.”

“Hey – I thought we said no more banana talk.” I said, grinning. But this detention thing still nagged at the edge of my mind. I hated detention. Somehow, I just knew something was going to happen there.

========

Where can you order a copy of this book, you ask?

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

Please like this story on Facebook and stay tuned about developments in the series: https://www.facebook.com/SupernaturalBoardingSchool