Chapter 1

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it! Please like this story on Facebook and stay tuned about developments in the series: https://www.facebook.com/SupernaturalBoardingSchool

====================

When Mother parked her car in the driveway of my brand-new school, I pretended to be asleep. There was no way I was going to make this easy on her. She was making a mistake by bringing me here and she knew she was. Still, it didn’t seem to make any difference. She hadn’t even considered listening to my side of the story. She hadn’t even considered the options I came up with. Fine – half of what I came up with was utter rubbish, but I hadn’t heard her come up with anything but putting me in this ‘school for young, troubled adults who need help from people other than their own parents’, as she put it.

It wasn’t a school for young, troubled adults. It was a hell-hole and there was no way I was going to put up with this. I had liked my old school, my old friends and my old crush. ‘He’s not even your boyfriend,’ my sweet mother had pointed out to me only yesterday. No, Mom, but taking me away from him isn’t exactly helping things, either.

I didn’t understand why I needed to be here. It wasn’t like I was a danger to anyone. I couldn’t help what was happening to me. My body was transforming and there was nothing anyone could do about that. This wasn’t supposed to be happening to me anyway – it was a boy-thing. A plain, blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl like me wasn’t supposed to be transforming into something otherworldly. It was ridiculous. But still, I would learn to control it and I wouldn’t hurt anyone. I wouldn’t ever hurt anyone. I was harmless and my mother knew that. I wasn’t like my father – who I wasn’t thinking about. Not now, not ever.

“Demona, we’re there.” My mother put her hand on my shoulder and shook gently. “Wake up, dear.”

I opened my eyes and glared at her. I could see by the way the corner of her mouth was twitching that she was nervous and trying very hard not to let it show. Big failure there. I could see a hint of fear in her eyes, accentuated by the way she pulled her long hair back with a trembling hand. When I straightened and yawned, she flinched back and made sure she was out of my reach. My eyes filled with tears. Great, now I was about to cry. I had promised myself not to do this.

“Mom, don’t be a fool,” I harshly informed her, sick and tired of her not giving me the trust I deserved. ‘‘I am not going to hurt you.”

She shivered visibly. “I know hon,” she lied. “I’m just being careful.”

“I’m not Dad,” I defended, hurt by the fact she was scared of her own daughter.

“I know,” she said, more relaxed now. “But you’re changing now, and you don’t know how you’re going to react when certain... things come up.”

“I won’t jump on your bones and rip your throat out, Mom,” I said softly. “I promise. Besides, dad was an ass-hole before the transformation started.”