Chapter 81

Have you bought a copy of this book yet? A real, printed book that you can take everywhere with you, lend to your friends…

No???!!

SHAME ON YOU.

Go and order yourself a copy!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

If you DID buy a copy, I will be forever grateful. :) Please tell me what you thought of the book!

========

 I would like to thank all of you, my sweet, faithful, inspiring readers. You've all voted, commented and messaged so much the past chapters! I've gained so much insight into your reading experiences and so many of you have started following me... It truly means the world to me. Without you, I would not have come this far.

A special thanks goes out to a few readers who have given me great ideas, inspired me, or wrote me messages that brought tears to my eyes. I'm talking about: Singergal4life, NikkiViera16, TheInstrumentalist, rachaeljohnston, vicky5378, and aleksjoly

I'm probably forgetting about 20 people I should thank as well, I'm sorry about that!! You've all been so great to me... *sniffs*

And now... ENJOY!

Love, Mokita

===================

We all turned to face the man who was talking to us so condescendingly. I wasn’t even surprised when I saw Mr. Combright standing there, looking at us in obvious dismay.

“I’m way beyond disappointed,” he said. “You’ve let me and the school board down in so many ways… I hardly know where to begin.” Despite claiming not knowing where to start, he immediately turned on me. “You keep surprising me with new and innovative ways to put yourself in unspeakable danger. First your connection to two teenage boys… Your obvious lack of regard for your own health is astounding, considering that you keep getting in situations where you are close to them… Not just one of them, but both of them. The morals of your generation confound me.”

I opened my mouth to argue that I wasn’t the bimbo he accused me of being, but he just rambled on.

“And now you drag along all of your friends and classmates in some insane scheme to work against me and the rest of the school board. And to what ends? You put every single one of your friends in grave danger. You were on the wrong end of a gun, if there even is a right end to begin with. You got Mr. Slayer shot! If the school board hadn’t made sure all the bullets were replaced by stunning darts before tonight, he’d have been mortally wounded, if not dead.”

I shivered when he said that – he was right of course. Rennor had distracted two cops by just running around and yelling. It was typical that Eros and I had thought something so drastic was necessary. We were brave, but also very dimwitted.

“Should you be wondering about the boy you had shadowing me,” Mr. Combright went on, “rest assured that he is already in my office, waiting for all of you to join him. The other students you recruited for shadowing school board members are already with him. They will all be punished, naturally. As for all of you…” He sighed deeply. “Tonight was a chance to show us what you are made of, to assure us you’re worthy of being trained by me, able to handle the responsibility of being extraordinarily gifted. It’s painfully obvious that you all failed horribly.”