2 | Cinnamon Eyes

Start from the beginning

It made the cuban jealous, she was attractive. The type of women that could-or maybe will, make you fall in love with her then leave you. It was clear she was a man-eater. Well, in Lauren's opinion. She is too gorgeous to not be one. Hell, probably Lauren would've fallen into her trap.

"Mya. This is Lauren, the new assistant until you leave," the ebony woman announces, buttoning up one of the buttons on her blazer; showcasing her toned arms. "She doesn't have the title yet, but I need you to teach her what I taught you once we're done with the meeting-understood?"

"Yes, Ms. Hamilton," she stated with more confidence than the previous time.

"And Lauren. If you want this job, please watch and learn. I would hate to have to decline you after seeing you can't follow simple rules," the elevator door glides open, presenting a new and much calmer floor. Mya looks over at her expectingly, a glimpse of fear written across her chestnut eyes.

"Uh-"

"Well, lets get this show on the road, we're already late," Normani says clear enough for the both of them to comprehend, stepping out. Mya gasp; almost igniting fire in her lungs from how much breath it took away, and Lauren look back. The tan woman slowly strolls out, looking at the latina as if she had the audacity to do as she pleases.

"Is, umm...is there a problem?" the latina whispered to the taller girl who decided break out of her trance and catch up.

"Yes. You're not suppose to follow her out immediately. You almost tripped on the back of her heel. She hates people who are near her, especially behind her when she can't see the person," she explained, "Even though she has eyes in the back of her head," she grumbles in an half-joking way to lighten the mood and Lauren laughs, making Mya smiles just a little. It is cute. Way too adorable for this world. And for Ms. Hamilton. All she is going to do is break her and mold her into her own's. You're going to enjoy it for the time being but it gets old and tiring. Then sometimes, it get dangerous.

"Mya!" the owner called the caramel woman out and her heart pierce through her skin; in her mind, she can visibly hear the skin rip. The flames melts the shine in her brown eyes, and Mya knew she was getting punish later on.

"Come on, lets go," she quickly grabs the latina hand, pulling her along like a string. "We can talk after the meeting."

"...okay," Lauren lowly mumbles, avoiding the chocolate eyes on her.

•¥•

"Okay, first thing first-never call her by her first name, unless she gives you permission," Mya clapped her hands nearly after each word as she annotated, gradually pacing in the office. "I don't care if you're outside of the work area. Catching each other outside-which is rare, or even if you'd known her almost your whole life," she pauses and stuck her hands behind her back, then resume her speech, "Do not call her by her first name."

"Un-understood," the cuban nods, straighten up her posture.

"Now, all the other rules are simple but not really. You'll get the hang of it," Mya saw the terrifying look ruling over her face and snorted out, sitting down on the edge of her desk, "Don't worry, baby girl. I'll be here till you get everything right. I won't throw you out into the wolves like that," she folded her arms as she clarified.

"...when will I get permission?" her quiet voice sounded like a hush and the tan women would've blush at the adorableness, but her mind had a vision. Facing the brown-haired latina, her teeth graze over her bottom lip on its own accord, blankly staring at the wall above her.