27

"Wow," Tae breathed, looking at the picture of Maya on Hoseok's phone screen. "She's so gorgeous."

"So you'll go on a date with her?" Yoongi asked, an eyebrow raised. "She saw your picture and had the same reaction."

"Really?" Tae was blushing furiously, fumbling with his shirt. "I mean, I'm still not completely over Kayu..."

"We don't expect you to be," Hobi placed an hand on the younger's shoulder. "But this, even if it doesn't go anywhere, will help you forget about her."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Taehyung sighed. "So tonight?"

"Tonight." Yoongi and Hoseok said at once, smiling excitedly.

~

"I actually cannot believe you're doing this," Jimin laughed as Jungkook walked with him, holding his hand and wearing a nervous look as he could see the neon sign further up. "Like seriously Jungkook, I'm not worth it."

"Oh, stop that," Jungkook pecked his boyfriend's cheek and squeezed his hand. "Of course you are. It's to remind me of us."

"What if you hate me one day?" Jimin asked.

"Pff, as if," the younger huffed. "In what universe, Park Jimin?"

"I guess worst case scenario you could just get laser removal treatment," Jimin chuckled, swinging his and Jungkook's interlaced hands together. "What are you gonna get, anyway?"

"You'll see." Jungkook smiled.

After they finally reached their destination, and Jimin glanced over to see Jungkook looking like he wanted to throw up.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jimin rubbed the younger's hand with his thumb, trying to catch his eyes that were fixed on the front glass doors.

"It's okay, I'm fine," Jungkook breathed, laughing nervously and slowly unraveling his clenched fists. "Come on, be strong for me."

"Are you sure you want to? It's not too late to cancel." Jimin held the younger's face in his hands, a look of worry painted on his face.

"Jimin, you're meant to be supporting me," Jungkook sighed with a smile. "Let's go in before I pussy out."

~

Tae's heartbeat quickened as he waited at the entry of the restaurant, the anticipation driving him insane. He felt odd, having shaven and dressed up for the first time in weeks, standing by the spotless glass doors of an extremely tasteful restaurant, every guest that entered and exited oozing formality. Alas, he also felt confident; ready to take on anything, even another first date.

Donned in a black suit and tie, hair slicked back and accessorised by silver jewellery shimmering against his honey skin, Tae looked good.

But his breath was snatched away when he saw her.

She was dressed in a classic black two-piece set and tall, elegant heels, long hair falling down her back in a dark cascade. Silver treasures and red lipstick complemented her outfit perfectly, and to make Taehyung melt even more, she decided to kill him with the kindest, most genuine smile he'd ever seen.

She walked over shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she approached gingerly, yet somehow still upholding grace.

"Hey, you must be Taehyung," she smiled, blushing deeply and showing obvious nerves as she bowed. "It's so nice to meet you."

He returned the bow and the blush, trying his best to keep his jaw from hitting the floor. "It's so nice to meet you too, Noona! You look absolutely stunning."