7

Yoongi's eyes snapped open as his phone's ringtone sounded, and he quickly scrambled to answer when he saw who the caller was.

"Yoon?"

"Maya? Why are you calling me at four in the morning?" Yoongi would've been gruff with anyone else, but he thought Maya, his high school sweetheart, deserved to be spoken to nicely.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in ages."

"Yeah, I know. I guess we've been busy people," He smiled to himself as she laughed. "I'm doing alright, how are you?"

She hesitated. "I'm a little stressed, but I have some good news."

"Hmm?"

"I'm catching a flight to Seoul in a few days."

Yoongi's eyes widened. "A few days? Really?"

"Yeah, I have a gig for a producing position with a newer company, so I've got my own place sorted out and everything. You're still working there, right?"

"Y-yeah, um..." He stuttered, suddenly quite flustered. "Guess you're finally ready then, huh?"

She sighed. "I hope this goes well for me."

"I'm sure it will, Maya," He smiled, feeling comforted that she couldn't see it. "Now this is all well and good, but why couldn't you wait a couple hours after the sun had risen to tell me? I'm so damn tired. You suck."

Maya snickered. "Sorry, I was just really excited and I couldn't wait." She giggled. "Well, guess I'll catch you later. Bye Yoon~"

He laughed and said good bye before the call ended.

Damn, she was really out of my mind until now. He ran his hands through his hair, taking in the possibility of seeing Maya again, after so many years.

He was quite nervous, because although they were friends now, their relationship in high school was rather complicated. It ended in shambles, and Yoongi was not in a good place for even acknowledging that.

He had adored Maya when they were dating, but an entertainment company had offered Yoongi a decent paying job as a producer after noticing his work online, and he really needed the money.

So, Yoongi left Daegu a few months after graduating school, caught a flight to Seoul, and left a rather heartbroken girlfriend behind.

My tiny ass really thought I was going to marry her. He sighed, rolling over and pulling the blankets with him. And now she's coming here? What if she wants to pick up where we left off?

His phone vibrated against the wood of the bedside table, and he picked it up, opening the message.

Today, 4:42am

Maya:
my flight comes in 12:10pm this Wednesday. Could u pleeeeeaaaaseee pick me up? I wanna see u and I don't think I can afford a maxi taxi 🤧

Maya:
sorry Yoon, I should be letting u sleep lol. let me know in a couple hours if you can come, sleep well <3

Yoongi:
i can pick you up, how much luggage do you have?

Maya: like all my producing gear + three suitcases of clothes lol

Yoongi:
hmm... i'll see if i can borrow my friend's car

Yoongi:
my bro Jin has a range rover

Maya: oh that's so cool

Maya: let me know by Monday, alright? see ya :))

Yoongi:
no worries, good night

Yoongi puffed out his cheeks as he huffed, throwing his head back onto his pillow.

There was anything but no worries.

~

Jimin's eyes fluttered open, the room a dull, fuzzy blue as he rose from his blankets slowly. He'd fallen asleep on the couch, and as he rubbed his eyes, he noticed how puffy his face was, which usually happened after an emotional night.

Of course he'd been crying. Drunk-crying, to Ricky Martin. Typical.

A filmy vision suddenly arose in Jimin's mind of him slow dancing with himself to an acoustic version of Living The Vida Loca, wearing nothing but one of Jungkook's hoodies and tear stains on his flushed cheeks.

Unfortunately that was a memory.

He held his aching head and struggled to stand up, then waddled into the kitchen to flick on the coffee machine, instantly thinking of Jungkook.
Heheh, I spilt coffee on him here.
The memory turned bitter as his heart throbbed, his body longing for the younger and his hot breath to bless Jimin's skin once again—

"DING DONG, BITCH!" Cooed a sassy voice that could only belong to Hoseok, followed by a series of obnoxious taps and noises.

Jimin opened the door to his friend, who was doing an unspeakably absurd dance with a Red Bull can in each hand, a towel with "호석" sewn into its peachy cotton resting around his neck, and what seemed to be a rather expensive-looking workout ensemble hanging off of his body.

"Oh shit, Jimin. What happened to you?" Hobi ceased his movements and looked the younger up and down, taking in his messy appearance.

Jimin's skin lacked the normal deep melanin that made it glow, and his greasy hair hadn't been re-dyed in weeks, the dark roots contrasting against the fading honey colour he'd always lighten it to.

He was also wearing an oversized black hoodie, which didn't look like his, both fresh and dried tears dotted his face, and a frown replaced his usual cheeky grin.

"Blue... she died." Jimin mumbled, not making eye contact to hide his lie.

Hobi scoffed. "Yeah, right. I've looked exactly like you before, and I've told that dumb fib to cover up for my love life issues many a time."

He craned his neck slightly to look behind Jimin, and smiled softly as he heard the soft mew of the younger's Calico cat, her big hazel eyes staring right back at him. "And Blue is right there, dummy."

As if on queue, the cat jumped down from her favourite windowsill and bounced over to Jimin, who picked her up and stroked her belly absentmindedly as he let out a heavy sigh.

He paused from stroking the cat for a moment and adjusted his glasses. "It's weird that you always see right through me. Am I really that transparent?"

"No, not really. You're kinda unpredictable actually, but I only knew this time because the same thing happened to me when Jin showed up at my door last year, and I had just met Junyeol."

"Oh gross, I remember that prick."

"Yeah, I know. But you know how Jin helped me through that? He made me talk about it," Hoseok reached over to pet Blue, who was happily purring in Jimin's arms. "You shouldn't be so reluctant to tell me."

"Sorry." The younger mumbled, looking at Hoseok through his overgrown bangs.

"It's okay. Now, I'm going to the store, I'm bringing back ice cream and chocolate, and we're going to cry together. You can tell me all about your boy troubles."

"Looks like you aren't having any troubles of the sort." Jimin smirked, poking a fresh hickey on the older's neck and getting a hiss and a glare in response.

"Ow, bitch that hurt."

"Love bite from Aaron, no doubt?"

"No love could ever bloom there. He's cute but he can't even pronounce my name correctly."

Jimin laughed, admiration glinting in his eyes as he looked Hobi, whom he'd never known to be more supportive or reliable before today. Hoseok grabbed one of Jimin's coats, gave him a cheeky smile, and left.