26

a few weeks later.

School had started again, and Jimin and Jungkook hadn't seen each other for about a week, both of them incredibly busy and unable to find time for each other, which brought a brooding fog of anxiety to settle over Jungkook's thoughts.

It made him nervous, because although their relationship was stable, he knew the unsolved drama of Jimin moving away was on both of their minds, and it wouldn't leave either of alone until they came to a compromise.

It was late, but Jungkook knew Jimin wasn't working tonight, so he walked over to the older's building, in dire need to talk it all out.

"Jimin?" He called out as he pushed the front door open, and with no answer he walked inside, shutting it behind him.

He called Jimin's name again, but no reply came. He looked around into the kitchen, then turned left into the bedroom. The bed was made and Blue sat above it, her wide hazel eyes blinking as she saw Jungkook. With a quiet mew she hopped down from the windowsill and ran across the bed into his arms, purring with familiarity and love.

"Hey, I missed you too," he giggled, stroking the cat's soft fur. "Where's your dad, hmm?"

She jumped onto the floor and walked over to the bathroom door, nudging it with her head and meowing.

"Go away, Blue." Jungkook heard Jimin choke, and his heart hurt when he heard the sadness in his boyfriend's voice.

"Jimin? Are you alright?" Jungkook asked, his heartbeat quickening when he realised the door was jammed.

"Kookie?" He heard Jimin's voice call out. "How did you know I wasn't working?"

"You never work on Tuesdays," He said, quietly freaking out when he realised the door was locked. "Jimin, open the door."

"No."

"Jimin, I swear to god."

"No."

"Open the fucking door, Hyung."

"Fine." He sniffled, and Jungkook was relieved to see the doorknob turn and reveal his puffy-faced boyfriend, who had obviously been crying.

He shot forward and held Jimin tightly in his arms, nuzzling his face into the older's neck.

"You scared me," he mumbled. "Don't do that again."

"I'm sorry," Jimin sobbed, melting into Jungkook's arms. "I've just been thinking about... Busan."

"Me too," Jungkook admitted, still not letting his boyfriend go. "Do you know what you're going to do?"

"I'm not going without you."

Jungkook pulled away and looked at Jimin in the eyes. "Really? Why not?"

Jimin stared up at him with those dark eyes, the ones that managed to capture him all those months ago, right at the beginning of autumn, where he'd first confessed a secret part of his identity.

Jungkook was still Jimin's best friend, among other things. They still messed around, play-fought and acted like normal male friends would, and the romantic assets just came with the relationship. He knew so well how to play with Jimin's heart strings and make him flutter and swoon, although he was no insincere devil. Jungkook was the purest of all people he'd encountered, full of spirit and sensitivity and unlike anyone he knew, had known, or would ever know.

They'd come so far, and Jimin, after twenty two years, knew one thing was for certain.

"I love you," Jimin breathed, staring into the younger's wide eyes. "So much, and I can't leave without you."