"Because I can see him." Uh, what does she mean she can see him? She can't see me then?

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow in question for which she snuggled closer to me and hugged me tightly.

"He use to work there but he is not working there anymore. He's in his graveyard sleeping. I saw his soul still trying to sell the homemade cookies in the store." Damn it, she was talking about a ghost?

"Woman, you saw a ghost and got scared?" Of course ghosts are scary entities and almost everyone are scared of them but I was asking about a living thing. Where do I get the old sales uncle ghost to scare her in future if needed?

It's not like I can see and talk to them and have occasional dinners with them nor do they have a permanent address.

"Yes but I'm only scared of his ghost not the other ones I saw in the cemetery." Other ones? She saw more them one ghost?

"You saw more than one? Why aren't you afraid of them then?" Can there be anything normal with this girl? She saw ghosts and telling me the story as if they are high school crush gossips.

Zinnia looked at me with the expression that tells me that I should've already known the answer.

"Because I don't know them that's why I'm not scared of them. I know the old uncle and so his ghost scared me. Also, I have a debt to him. When I was a kid, I wanted to buy a chocolate and I was short of 20 cents. He was so kind to pay the remaining and buy me the candy. I think the reason I saw his ghost last year near the store was because he was expecting his 20 cents back."

F***ing Goodness, what would a ghost do with the money? Invest for future?

I want to talk some sense out of her but I know it's just a waste of time as she interprets what she wants to only. So what's the use? She has her own definition for everything.

"Great, I lost to a Ghost who, by now, must have already taken a rebirth too. Anything else that scares you?" I asked halfheartedly expecting one more nonsense answer and she would never disappoint me.

"You." She said smiling sweetly at me.

I would be so happy to hear this but after knowing her a little, I am sure there is a twist in this.

"Eh? Really?" I asked nonchalantly, not giving any heed to her response. If should've said this few days ago then I would've been now showing my face to the world with pride. But not now.

"Yes. I am scared at the feeling that I might fail in protecting you. I'm always scared when I might not keep your innocence intact. I fear everyday if I could keep you happy or not." No... don't fall for these words, Dem. They don't matter to you at all.

Don't let these words affect your heart. Even if they are slowing affecting my heart, don't let your face show it.

Damn it, if she talks like this it would soften my heart, Hell!

This girl, though a nuisance, knows how to touch someone's heart. Zinnia is clearly a unique antique piece in the whole world. Nothing can be same as her.

I didn't know how to reply for what she said. I know what she said was genuine and came directly from her heart but the concept of being under the protection of my wife is still not digesting.

"Uh, good. Thank you." I replied awkwardly as never had someone said something like this to me so it was a little awkward.

Before the awkward moment prolongs, I heard a ring from the bedside and saw my phone vibrating. Looking at the caller's name, I bent down to Zinnia and kissed her forehead before excusing myself to take the call.

"Egor. Speak." I talked in my commanding tone that I am used to always.

"Congratulations... congratulations... Shala lala la congratulations. Have you finally got away from your Zinnia? I was waiting for your news from yesterday, Dem darling." I closed my eyes trying to control the anger that was rising hearing his voice.

Got away from her? Oh, on contrary, I am now glued to her permanently.

"Did you call me to sprinkle salt on my wounds?" I was irritated by his early morning call. Did he come to know about my sudden wedding? Already?

What if he really came to know about it, he will laugh on my face for lifelong rubbing it on my face.

"No. Why what happened? Is she not out of your life like you predicted? You were so confident while leaving from here." He questioned and by his tone I could understand that he doesn't know about my nightly wedding but was just mocking me at my usual failures.

What would he think of me when I tell him?

"I... I"

"What got your tongue that you are stammering?" He spoke cutting me off.

"Igotforcefullymarriedlastnighttomentalgirl." Right now I feel like a girl who is exaggerating something so small to her friends.

"You what?" He yelled in shock and before I could tell him about the tragedy, he started singing again. "Congratulations... congratulations... Shala lala la congratulations." He laughed out loudly from the other side of the phone.

Great now I am a sport of entertainment to the whole Mafia circle.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next silly chapter is here. Enjoy!

Finally Demyan came to know about the one thing that scares Zinnia.

Do you think he will go ghost hunting just so he can put a leash on Zinnia?

Demyan is now a sport of Egor's entertainment. Poor him!

Please shower me with votes and comments

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim